Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is Your Favorite Freebie?

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 53 Replies
1 mom liked this

A while ago, I wrote about how there really is no such thing as a free thing. That really, even items you buy that may seem free cost you something. What did it cot you? Maybe time, perhaps energy, gas money, a higher elevetric bill, who knows, but 99% of the time that "free" thing costs.

But we all do it. We all buy into the thrill of getting smoething for free. So, it begs the wauestion: what is your favorite freebies (knowing full well it isn't really free in the literal sense)? Do you love buy one, get one free? Do you love getting a free $50 gift card for filling out an hour long survey? Do you enjoy the buy the Combo #3 at the movies and get free refills?

Me? I love free shipping. LOVE it. Mainly because it makes me think I have saved time. I don't have a car and heading to a certain store to maybe get a sweater on sale costs the commute time and the $4.00 subway fare. I love it because I think, these days with all of the deals companies get, the amount of money it costs them to ship a sweater to me is minimal...so why not just absorb that and make me happy (which makes me feel like they like me, they really like me...and I like them too).

What is your favorite freebie?

ŠiStockphoto.com/MattJeacock

by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CameronsMommy23
by Amber on Aug. 29, 2012 at 12:03 AM
2 moms liked this
I love the companies that give b'day gifts!! Sephora for instance, gives you a different gift every yr for your b'day if you sign up for their emails. Last yr I got a good sized bottle of vanilla cake body wash, this yr they're giving me lip gloss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starreyedcutie
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Hmmm the target beauty bag
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by Amber E on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Agreed1

Quoting starreyedcutie:

Hmmm the target beauty bag
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suziejax
by Suzie on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I love free shipping too!
kellynh
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 8:07 AM
2 moms liked this
Actually, I love the bogo free... Those hit and it's time to stock up
suziejax
by Suzie on Aug. 29, 2012 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
A free dinner
KaylaMillar
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Sterling silver necklace
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sukainah
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I also love free shipping, but I love BOGO if you can get enough coupons for the buy one, sometimes places let you use a coupon for the item that is free, so you get BOGO at a deeper discount than if you would have just bought one item.  But it takes time to figure it out.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 29, 2012 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I love freebies!

momkaribg
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 10:45 AM

I agree. Those are awesome.

Quoting kellynh:

Actually, I love the bogo free... Those hit and it's time to stock up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)