Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

A while ago, I wrote about how there really is no such thing as a free thing. That really, even items you buy that may seem free cost you something. What did it cot you? Maybe time, perhaps energy, gas money, a higher elevetric bill, who knows, but 99% of the time that "free" thing costs.

But we all do it. We all buy into the thrill of getting smoething for free. So, it begs the wauestion: what is your favorite freebies (knowing full well it isn't really free in the literal sense)? Do you love buy one, get one free? Do you love getting a free $50 gift card for filling out an hour long survey? Do you enjoy the buy the Combo #3 at the movies and get free refills?

Me? I love free shipping. LOVE it. Mainly because it makes me think I have saved time. I don't have a car and heading to a certain store to maybe get a sweater on sale costs the commute time and the $4.00 subway fare. I love it because I think, these days with all of the deals companies get, the amount of money it costs them to ship a sweater to me is minimal...so why not just absorb that and make me happy (which makes me feel like they like me, they really like me...and I like them too).

What is your favorite freebie?

ŠiStockphoto.com/MattJeacock

by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (51-53):
yvonne37
by Yvonne on Aug. 31, 2012 at 6:47 AM

Agree!  my daughter (6) loves to go in there and try makeup on lol.. i love the great selection they have.

Quoting AlannaMaria:

I love sephora :) my friends sister works there and she get loads of free stuff and she's always making me up goodie bags. It the best make up store!!

Quoting CameronsMommy23:

I love the companies that give b'day gifts!! Sephora for instance, gives you a different gift every yr for your b'day if you sign up for their emails. Last yr I got a good sized bottle of vanilla cake body wash, this yr they're giving me lip gloss.

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
yvonne37
by Yvonne on Aug. 31, 2012 at 6:57 AM

Just went to target web page.. you have to request a sample online, fill out a short survey, give your address and they mail it to you.. but you have to check in every day so you can see what samples they have.. the bags are not there every day.

Quoting yvonne37:

how you get these?

Quoting starreyedcutie:

Hmmm the target beauty bag

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
suziejax
by Suzie on Aug. 31, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Sephora is good! I use a line of their under eye corrector and will forever stay with them and never swicth again... it rocks

Quoting AlannaMaria:

I love sephora :) my friends sister works there and she get loads of free stuff and she's always making me up goodie bags. It the best make up store!!

Quoting CameronsMommy23:

I love the companies that give b'day gifts!! Sephora for instance, gives you a different gift every yr for your b'day if you sign up for their emails. Last yr I got a good sized bottle of vanilla cake body wash, this yr they're giving me lip gloss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)