Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Is anyone already ready for Halloween?

Do you make costumes or use hand me down costumes? What is your maximum budget for costumes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:41 AM
Replies (11-20):
CameronsMommy23
by Amber on Aug. 24, 2012 at 5:15 PM
I usually spend the same.

Quoting AlannaMaria:

My DD got a ton of dress up clothes for Xmas so I think she's be a salsa dancer. DS I'm not sure. I made his costume for his first Halloween. My kids were raggedy Ann & Andy it was super cute!

My maximum budget for a costume is $20 bucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catngabsmom
by Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Nope!!! No where near it! Costumes are usually done last minute because they change their minds a bazillion times before then. Oldest dd likes cutesy types of costumes, youngest dd likes gory yucky things, usually some type of gothic thing so she can wear black lipstick!

Also no candy bought yet, I need to start though, I usually need enough for about 500 trick or treaters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mammapav
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 7:22 PM

My friend made customs for her boys who are older and always gave them to us after they were done ( the boys love getting the older boys customs).  So I  would only have to worry about the candy.  Now that they are older they put together there own customs

suziejax
by Suzie on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:20 PM

We make them sometimes and sometimes buy them

cjsmom1
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I have no clue what ds wants to be this year. I won't spend more than $20 on a costume

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Aug. 25, 2012 at 6:39 AM

this year my son might actually have fun with it.

Moms_Angels1960
by Cheryl on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:11 AM

This I think is our last yr doing Halloween as far as Trick or Treating goes. I always buy her costume at the end of Halloween for the next yr. She is a 5th grader so I told her we are done with it after this year. We live in the country so we don't get very many trick or treaters anyway just what we would give to our grand kids.

momto3isme
by Dawn on Aug. 25, 2012 at 3:58 PM

We bought their costumes last year when they were on clearance for this year we are ready.

PEEK05
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 3:58 PM

We are making the costumes right now. :)

suziejax
by Suzie on Aug. 27, 2012 at 1:35 PM

nope but  my dd is wanting to  make her own costume this year

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN