Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Fall Clothing Advice: Know Your Colors

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 39 Replies
1 mom liked this

You know the old clothing rule: "Never wear white after Labor Day." Judging by al of the winter whites we see these days, that adage is as passé as shoulder pads. But Labor Day remains a kind of unofficial gateway to fall...and it's cozy sweaters and boots and coats, which has got me thinking about fall fashion this week.

I've already dabbled a bit into the fall clothes lake over on the Smarter Living hub, going over the colors we may be seeing in the stores these coming months...but not all of those chosen hues may look good on you - may not be part of "your colors". You know, that whole color theory of finding the best colors for your skin tone and eye color and hair color.

I do think there is a science to it. I know I can't wear red, and pastels wash me out, while deep browns and blues always get me a compliment from someone.  Do you know your colors? Knowing what looks good on you can really help when shopping so you avoid costly mistakes (you know those fluorescent lights in the dressing rooms don't help at all).

Remember, the right colors for you with make you glow, you will appear brighter, while the wrong color will make your face fade a bit...try a bunch of different colors in the bathroom to see what it means. I've tracked down a fabuous how-to guide over on The Chic Fashionista.

What are you? Summer? Fall? Light? Share your results and if you have ever gotten your colors done...and what color can't you wear? 

¬©iStockphoto.com/lunanaranja       

by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsmom1
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 12:12 AM
I don't know, I don't pay attention to fashion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 12:13 AM
I really just care that I'm comfy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 3, 2012 at 7:26 AM

I love light breezy colors.

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 7:54 AM
I am a warm medium! I guess I've always known what colors look good on me.
yvonne37
by Yvonne on Sep. 3, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Well.. I think i have been dressing right :)

royal blue, magenta and pine green... it turns out i am a CLEAR-WINTER lol..  I love pine green and royal blue, brings my eyes and complexion out and i look lively. 

I am absolutely right that yellows make me look washed out, never liked to dress in yellow.

Thanks, this was fun. :)

Stevensmomma
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:31 AM
I am a warm medium greens look good on me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Is there a way to tell which colors will look best on your?

suziejax
by Suzie on Sep. 3, 2012 at 12:21 PM

I love to ware a lot of fall earth tone colors in fall & winter 

My fav is always black

othermom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 12:32 PM

I love blues, green, browns and dark colors.  I have never gotten my colors done

CameronsMommy23
by Amber on Sep. 3, 2012 at 2:37 PM
I'm a spring/summer girl. I love pinks especially hot pink, lavender, pale yellow, etc. I also like black because it's classic and looks good 100% of the time. However I don't think I look good in a lot of white, I'm too pale for entirely white outfits. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN