Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Fall Clothing Advice: What the Pros Say Part I

Posted by   + Show Post

I love makeover shows...I always learn something from the pros that have made it their business in knowing how to put together wardrobes to make them work and make us look the best we can look. Paying attention to the advice of those in the know can save us money - the more times we purchase items that don't work with stuff we already have, the more times we buy clothes that don't fit properly is more money we have wasted. As the fashion guru Vivienne Westwood famously said, "Buy less, choose well, and mix it all." 

To help us all buy less and choose well, I've rounded up some advice from fashion pros we can use as a guide this fall as we are shopping. They have said, pinned and tweeted fabulous ideas to keep in mind.

From Michael Kors on his Pinterest boards: "Invest in a great pair of jeans that you can dress up or dress down. They will make you feel confident and sexy at any occasion."

From Nina Garcia's twitter: "Chic color combo: navy+black, brown+navy, loden+gray, gray+aubergine, camel+ivory" (I love camel and ivory!)

From Stacy London as told to Stylist.com: "Don't wear things that are oversized if you're trying to hide parts of your body and don't wear things that feel too tight once you've poured yourself into them. Clothes should be tailored and they shouldn't be pulling anywhere. Regardless of body shape, there's always a way to create a silhouette that's flattering for you."

From Rachel Zoe as she wrote on Glamor.com:  "Do go for "pops." Accents of color always brighten you up, whether they're from a trim, a bag, a shoe, jewelry, a hat, or a whole article of clothing...I call it a pop because you should only wear one piece like that at a time. I've seen more women in allover looks, and I'm sorry but you just can't. Pick one."

Do you love fashion shows? What fall item do you need this year?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ cookelma 

by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-36):
momto3isme
by Dawn on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:49 AM

I only need a new winter coat this year.

i.heart.myboys
by Amber E on Sep. 15, 2012 at 2:47 PM

I need so much still! 

luvhubandbabys
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 2:48 PM
Yuk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deedee3849
by Deanne on Sep. 15, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I enjoy fashion shows because I appreciate the creativity in the designs but I would not wear 90% of what I see walking down the runway. I probably couldn't wear 99% of it anyways let alone afford it lol.

LOswald0314
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Dark skinny jeans, cozy sweaters, boots and pretty scarves!

elasmimi
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 9:24 AM

I can't imagine navy and black, or brown and navy. I don't wear jeans. I will probably not get anything new this year, since dh has lost so much weight he will need all new clothes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)