Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Fall Clothing Advice: What the Pros Say Part II

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 30 Replies

Yup, more today from those that give us hints, how-tos, tips and little nuggets of wisdom on choosing clothes. Pay attention and you can avoid not only things hanging in that closet that are never worn, but also wasted time when you are shopping (remember, time and energy is precocious, more so even that moolah).

From Tim Gunn as he wrote for Redbookmag,com: "If you have something loose and blousy on top, whatever you wear below should be sleek and well fitted to serve as a counterpoint, and vice versa."

From Beckie Klein and Martina Gordon, Re-stylists, in New York Family.com: "A dress is a great thing and a time-saver-something we all need. If you have a good dress, you don't have to think too much...throw it on with your boots. Put a belt with it or a cardigan. You can wear it solo or layer it and make it more interesting." (yup, full confession: I interviewed them for that piece). 

From Lauren Hutton, as told to Oprah.com: "Notice what people are complimenting you on. Experiment with new things once in a while, but have your tried-and-true pieces that work."

From Carson Kressely as told to Chatelaine.com: "Pare down your wardrobe. Our closets are overflowing, yet we say we have nothing to wear. Clear out everything you haven't worn in a year or two. Remember, things that don't fit-too big or too small-are just a buzz kill in the morning."

What do you have too much of? What is your personal style? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/kyoshino  

by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 5, 2012 at 6:46 AM

My personal style is comfy cute lol.

jessicasmom1
by Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:53 AM

Hang everthing  shirts, pants, jackets then all you need to find are undergarments and socks

daerca574
by Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:56 AM

I have way too many tshirts!  I rarely wear them anyways!

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 8:44 AM

I have too many things that I don't wear:  skirts, t-shirts, and blouses, mostly

I'm a jeans & tank top/t-shirts kinda gal

goddess99
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 8:52 AM

I don't think you can ever have too much of anything when it comes to fashion lol. My style is cute, comfy (Sometimes!) and sexy.

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 8:58 AM

I used to get compliments every time I wore a certain shirt, finally I paid attention, and now I wear more pink.

kellynh
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Shirts and socks... My dresser barely closes and 1/4 of my closet is shirts/blouses
Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Ha!  No style anymore, t-shirts and shorts.  I need more "nice" clothes!

othermom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I have to many t-shirts, but I love them. My style is basic tops and jeans

Leelee1008
by Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 11:33 AM

oh that carson kressely is a SMART man, I love him. I need new jeans, I have 1 pair that fit, I could use some more tops too. I am a jeans and fitted tshirt kind of girl.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)