Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Fall Clothing Advice: What the Pros Say Part II

Posted by   + Show Post

Yup, more today from those that give us hints, how-tos, tips and little nuggets of wisdom on choosing clothes. Pay attention and you can avoid not only things hanging in that closet that are never worn, but also wasted time when you are shopping (remember, time and energy is precocious, more so even that moolah).

From Tim Gunn as he wrote for Redbookmag,com: "If you have something loose and blousy on top, whatever you wear below should be sleek and well fitted to serve as a counterpoint, and vice versa."

From Beckie Klein and Martina Gordon, Re-stylists, in New York Family.com: "A dress is a great thing and a time-saver-something we all need. If you have a good dress, you don't have to think too much...throw it on with your boots. Put a belt with it or a cardigan. You can wear it solo or layer it and make it more interesting." (yup, full confession: I interviewed them for that piece). 

From Lauren Hutton, as told to Oprah.com: "Notice what people are complimenting you on. Experiment with new things once in a while, but have your tried-and-true pieces that work."

From Carson Kressely as told to Chatelaine.com: "Pare down your wardrobe. Our closets are overflowing, yet we say we have nothing to wear. Clear out everything you haven't worn in a year or two. Remember, things that don't fit-too big or too small-are just a buzz kill in the morning."

What do you have too much of? What is your personal style? 

Ā©iStockphoto.com/kyoshino  

by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
meglennox
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 3:05 PM

my style is more looser tops and fitting bottoms.  but right now, i don't have much of anything in my closets. ;)

countrygirlkat
by Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 3:20 PM

I still have a lot of jeans I am hoping to fit back into someday.....  When is it too long for someday, lol?

saraface5383
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 3:49 PM
I have too many pairs of leggings, i will never get through them all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Well, I like to wear jeans, so I think I need to get some more cute blouses to go with them.

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

elasmimi
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:04 PM

All good advice. My personal style is comfort, though. At least it is now that I'm an old lady, lol. I like Lauren Hutton a lot, so I think her advice is pretty good.

AzariahsMother
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I think I have way to many comfy clothes.  Need to update my style a little...lol

Stevensmomma
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Casual is my style but cute. I need everything I dont have enough 

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:14 PM

100% true... if you dont wear it in a year or two.. get rid of it.

love the idea of trying new things and waiting to see if you get compliments.

I am still to find the right dress for me :/

i.heart.myboys
by Amber E on Sep. 15, 2012 at 2:47 PM

I have to much lazy clothes!!

deedee3849
by Deanne on Sep. 17, 2012 at 10:24 AM

I have too many things I don't like! My personal style is jeans and a hoodie =) I do dress professionally for work but I feel like me in jeans and a t.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement