Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Thursday Thrifty Throwdown: Holiday Countdown! 13 Weeks!

Posted by   + Show Post

We're into September; we are into a new month! I know, my kiddo started school yesterday and with the temps like they are even here in NYC and meeting new teachers and getting back into the packing lunch groove, holiday festivities and cold weather and Rudolph and gingerbread houses are the last thing on everyone's mind. But it's week 13, folks! Last week, we swapped ideas on where to take that holiday photo...now how about that holiday card itself?

Look online. There are great sites like Vistaprint or Apple or Shutterfly that have great photo card options. Also, you don't need to settle for just one photo - many have the collage option, which I know quite a few moms have used to highlight each kiddo in the family (that way not everyone has to look good in ONE photo).

Get a good printer. This is actually a tip that can last you all year long. You can do a photo card on your own. A good quality printer that can handle thick paper, print quality photos and scan items can be used for invitations, artwork, anything. Might be worth it to invest now.

Head to the craft store. You'd be surprised as to what you can find at the local Michael's - stamps, stencils, interesting textured paper - again, stuff you may be able to use year-round. I love the idea of an outline of your family initial as a background for your year-round-up letter or to put as the edge of a photo card.

Do you send holiday cards? Where do you get them done or do you do them yourself?

ŠiStockphoto.com/FuatKose

by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
momto3isme
by Dawn on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Not this year

allyn9
by Carey on Sep. 7, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Cards - I have every good intention of sending, but lately something has always gotten in the way.  This year I am hoping to break that trend and send cards again.

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Sep. 7, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I send some..not many now a days, but i still manage to send them. I would love to have time to craft them myself, but I dont :/  so i buy them at the stores, mostly at kmart (the ones in boxes).  I do take time to write something personal in each of them and some go out with a family pic in them :)

thedathree
by Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 9:24 AM
ok now ya'all are giving me a panic attack. I am having my baby right around thanksgiving. before or after is the big question .
Moms_Angels1960
by Cheryl on Sep. 9, 2012 at 10:41 AM

I used to send tons of them out I would write them out over the Thanskgiving break Dec. 1st they would go into the mail and we hardly get any back anymore now I give them out to the people I see and send a few by mail but not anything like I used too.

Stevensmomma
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 10:44 AM

yes we make our own with a family picture

browneyedmommy
by Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Yes, I will try to send some out this year, and I make my own!

Kmakksmom
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 6:33 PM

I do and we usually just buy them at Costco.  They have a box of beautiful cards.

deedee3849
by Deanne on Sep. 14, 2012 at 6:40 PM

I make my own photo cards each year at Walmart. I love how they turn out and they are relatively cheap.

elasmimi
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I buy my cards on sale after Christmas every year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement