Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

do you extreme coupon?

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:37 PM
  • 22 Replies
I would like to start. I need to know everything and anything about it.

Thankyou
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsmom1
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I do not extreme coupon and don't agree with it. I do use coupons and I do stock up when things are on sale but extreme couponing is like an addiction for many people. I think it's wrong to buy 50 mustard just because it's free, buy what you need and leave some for others.

With that said, thekrazycouponlady.com helped me a lot when I first started using coupons. People who are extreme buy tons of newspapers every week, print coupons online, spend hours organizing their coupons, have a list of the normal price of all the items they normally buy to different stores so they know wich one is cheapest and when an item really is on sale for a good price.

ReesesPieces
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:41 AM
3 moms liked this

I don't extreme coupon, but I do very well with coupons.  I think that stocking up is a wonderful and essential idea for today's economic situation, but like cjsmom said - 50 mustards is excessive.  If you can plan what you'd want to have on hand, then it's smart to stock up without being wasteful.  Things like TP - I will stock up like a crazy woman with it.  I haven't bought TP in over a year.  Before that I didn't buy TP for like 2 years.  If I find a good sale, I'm buying a year or more worth of TP.  It saves me money in the long run, and if anything crazy ever happened, I can at least wipe my booty.  lol.

XVAmomma
by Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 1:52 AM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Aug. 27, 2012 at 6:27 AM

no, but here is a bump!

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Aug. 27, 2012 at 7:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I dont extreme coupon because I dont see the reason behind it. I do use coupons (when I find them) and I purchase things in bulk with them... like detergent or toilet paper.  I stack up on things that dont go bad for a while, but no more then 3-6 months. I dont have the space and I will be damn if I am stacking food under my bed... lol..

I suggest that if you are going to coupon, get yourself a place to put them (like a binder) this way you can sort them, organize them and keep track.  Read the fine print.. some coupons you cant double, but some you can.  Access your favorite supermarket's web site.. they might have electronic coupons that you simply click on them and they go directly to your reward card (save on time and paper). Print only the coupons you are trully going to use... (again, save on paper and ink). I sit with the supermarket sales papers and compare between the three closest ones, then look for coupons on what they have on sale, match them, make a route to go shopping and do it on one day of the week (or month),  try to go alone to the super and with a list.

CameronsMommy23
by Amber on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:22 AM
If I knew how I would!! Lol Seriously I don't have time with twin toddlers running around. But I'd try.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto3isme
by Dawn on Aug. 27, 2012 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I coupon but I am not extreme about it.

fallmommy
by Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 10:42 AM

I use coupons, but not to any extreme. I want to learn how to coupon better also. I usually just watch the sales and try to stock up when i know things are really cheap.

aidansmommy219
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't extreme coupons but I do use coupons on a regular basis.. I got a handful of things for free yesterday. :)

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 27, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I so not do it but bump.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement