Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you buy your groceries in bulk to save?

shopping

by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Replies (11-20):
ReesesPieces
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes yes.  We are a family of 7, so some things require us to buy in bulk.  :)

momto3isme
by Dawn on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:30 PM

I do if there is a good sale on chicken, turkey, can goods, etc..  It saves me money and I have a huge freezer and storage for the can goods, etc.

MrsNovakNWIND
by New Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Some things I think are good to buy in bulk but not all.

I especially think buying your paper products, cleaning products etc. are great to buy in bulk.

AzariahsMother
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Sometimes, we will check out Sams Club and their prices.

calusari
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 7:51 AM

I shopped at Sam's last year, but did the math...it's actually the same price as buying from WalMart, just more of it. I think I'll stick with WalMart.

campingmomof4
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I don't buy in bulk as much as I use to.  We don't have the 4 kids at home any more.  I buy paper and cleaning products in bulk.  I buy meat in bulk.  We get a 1/2 of pig each year.   We use to get a 1/2 of cow every year.  This year we have decided to get just a hine quarter of beef instead of a whole 1/2.  Dh and I don't need that much beef for the 2 of us. 

GoshDangIT
by New Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 10:35 AM

on non-perishables, definitely! I go to Sam's club and buy paper towels (I use them ALL the time), toilet paper, powder seasonings, cereal, snacks, water and meat. I cook at least 3-4 times a week so this works for me. I'll eventually buy a deep freezer so that I can more meat. Breakfast foods, like eggs, waffles and toaster strudel too. Can't forget about oil, rice and sugar too. I love buying in bulk, but only the thinks I use a lot of.

suziejax
by Suzie on Sep. 2, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Most of the time nope because the only thing I would buy is fresh veggies but because our fmaily is so small we never eat them all before they go back so it was actually wasting money for us

Its rare I buy in bulk will depend on what IT is

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Sep. 2, 2012 at 3:01 PM

sometimes things like papertowels and toilet paper

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Sep. 2, 2012 at 3:01 PM

and things I can freeze!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)