Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Do you buy your groceries in bulk to save?

shopping

by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Replies (21-30):
othermom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 4:27 PM

not usually

pampire
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Some things I buy in bulk when they're on a really good sale, like lean ground beef, chicken breast, cheeses.  I also shop the bulk section for more expensive items, like nuts and fancy grains, or new stuff I haven't tried before.  That way I can just buy as much as I need.

CameronsMommy23
by Amber on Sep. 3, 2012 at 2:31 PM
Us too. Sometimes buying in bulk isn't cheaper.

Quoting Stevensmomma:

Yes if its cheaper that way we do ccertian things we dont
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 8:20 PM
i wish i could.. i would do it wth tp,bather stuff,dog/cat food..mabie meets ,cans ..
i.heart.myboys
by Amber E on Sep. 4, 2012 at 9:38 AM
We don't have room to buy in bulk right now. But I want to be able too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Yuriko_chan
by Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 11:27 AM
Quoting michiganmom116:

Some things yes, some things no.  I buy almond flour, coconut flour, flaxseed meal, honey, coconut oil, and spices in large quantities.  We also buy beef and pork by the whole animal and chickens by the 50 count.  However, it's hard to get more than a week's worth of fresh produce in the refrigerator, so I can't really buy those things in bulk unless I'm canning.

I wish I could step into your life and learn how you eat so healthy! We try super hard, knocking out most processed things. But reading what you eat, it's so inspiring for me to eat even that much more healthy!
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Quoting Yuriko_chan:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Some things yes, some things no.  I buy almond flour, coconut flour, flaxseed meal, honey, coconut oil, and spices in large quantities.  We also buy beef and pork by the whole animal and chickens by the 50 count.  However, it's hard to get more than a week's worth of fresh produce in the refrigerator, so I can't really buy those things in bulk unless I'm canning.

I wish I could step into your life and learn how you eat so healthy! We try super hard, knocking out most processed things. But reading what you eat, it's so inspiring for me to eat even that much more healthy!

Good!

I have little choice unless I want to feel tired and sick.  I changed my diet to Primal/Paleo 18 months ago and I haven't felt this good in 20 years!  Trust me, I never want to go back to feeling the way I used to feel. 

Yuriko_chan
by Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 12:23 PM

That's so awesome! How much do you usually spend on groceries, and where do you normally shop?

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting Yuriko_chan:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Good!

I have little choice unless I want to feel tired and sick.  I changed my diet to Primal/Paleo 18 months ago and I haven't felt this good in 20 years!  Trust me, I never want to go back to feeling the way I used to feel. 

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 1:11 PM

My average for the past year (not including the costs for beef & pork) was $300 or less a month.  A lot depends on what foods are in season, what sales I can find, and how well my garden is doing.  The last Saturday in August I spent under $5 on groceries.  This past weekend (September 1st) I spent $113, which could/should last us for a couple of weeks if I'm careful in my meal planning.  I usually shop at a small local discount/bulk food store that gets seasonal produce from local Amish farmers (the little store also lets me buy bulk almond flour through them), and I'll buy my coconut flour and coconut milk from Amazon.

Quoting Yuriko_chan:

That's so awesome! How much do you usually spend on groceries, and where do you normally shop?

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting Yuriko_chan:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Good!

Yuriko_chan
by Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 5:26 PM

I seriously need to be doing what you are doing! I have no clue how you do it though!

Quoting michiganmom116:

My average for the past year (not including the costs for beef & pork) was $300 or less a month.  A lot depends on what foods are in season, what sales I can find, and how well my garden is doing.  The last Saturday in August I spent under $5 on groceries.  This past weekend (September 1st) I spent $113, which could/should last us for a couple of weeks if I'm careful in my meal planning.  I usually shop at a small local discount/bulk food store that gets seasonal produce from local Amish farmers (the little store also lets me buy bulk almond flour through them), and I'll buy my coconut flour and coconut milk from Amazon.

Quoting Yuriko_chan:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting Yuriko_chan:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Good!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement