Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Do you buy your groceries in bulk to save?

shopping

by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Replies (31-32):
PEEK05
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 5:27 PM

No

Jenni_Lynne71
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 11:55 PM
We do the same, I'm working on stockpiling nonperishables and meats even more now esp with winter coming. We live 20 min from the nearest town in all directions so I want to be prepared in case of bad weather.

Quoting FindersKeepers:

Even with a small number of people in the house it is still a benefit to stock up on non-perishable items that you eat often when they are on sale.  When things we use go on 10 for $10 I buy in bulk and then don't have to worry about replenishing it later at full price.   Plus I consider our full pantry as part of our disaster kit so a two-fer.

Bummer about your freezer.  Ours is not so big, but I still try to stock up on meats when they are on sale.   I find it takes less room if I separate everything into serving sizes and freeze it right away.   Ex.  Chicken breats come in a 10 pack.   I would freeze them as 4, 4 and 2.    (4 when we are all here; 2 if the kids are out or to make soup stir fry, ect.)

Quoting cjsmom1:

No. There's only 3 people in my house so buying in bulk doesn't make a lot of sense. Plus my tiny fridge and freezer suck.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)