Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Extracurricular activities

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 12:40 PM
  • 31 Replies

Did you set a budget for after school activities for your kids?

school bus

by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 1:28 PM
No, we didn't. They are older now and are active in archery (free) and with their youth groups at church. They're not into team sports.
Stevensmomma
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 4:58 PM

no not yet 

i.heart.myboys
by Amber E on Sep. 6, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Nope not yet. We did T ball in the spring time and he liked that. Next year we will do more sports and especially whnen he's in school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 6, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I will when they start school.

cjsmom1
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 11:34 PM
I will. He starts swimming on Tuesday, he's asking to join basketball again, I want to put him in wrestling, and maybe soccer.
ReesesPieces
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 1:02 AM
Yes, but it's not huge. My boys won't do team sports because it's expensive, eats up a lot of time, and with 5 kids in sports, things would be too crazy. The boys get to (or will for the younger 2) do scouts. It's a 10-11 year commitment for them and so far my oldest begs me to help him do stuff for his tiger cub electives. His lil bro is dying to do it too. Being an eagle scout will impact their futures tremendously - not soccer (not dissing soccer - it paid off for Beckham - but my kids aren't into team sports. Maybe the youngest 3 will want to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReesesPieces
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 1:04 AM
Initial investment in scouts is about $75. It may cost $15 here and $5 there but that's about it. We have $50 set aside in an envelope for scouting and that will last us through December - easily.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto3isme
by Dawn on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:19 AM

We can't afford any. 

aidansmommy219
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 1:19 PM

ds wants to take a hip hop dance class. we only have him sign up for one thing at a time so that's where our money for extracurriculars is going to.

MissyB1011
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 1:35 PM

DD only participates in one thing at a time, so that we can control the cost. If she decides to switch to something else, we sell her used equipment to recoup some of the cost.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN