Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

2nd hand clothes?

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:40 PM
  • 60 Replies

Do you shop for them? Or do you buy brand new? I often shop 2nd hand shops and consignment sales for my kids clothes and DH and I too. Mostly my DD she is 19 months old and grows like  weed, my boys are at an age(9&11) now where they can get a while out of their clothes so I dont have to buy as often as my DD, and my 9 year old gets alot of his brothers hand me downs. We are a low income family and buying gently used clothes helps pinch pennies. Today I went to Goodwill and got my DD 2 pairs of jeans,3 long sleeved shirts and a uniform shirt and only paid $8. Goodwill of course is hit or miss, but they do offer good discount days. Our does color tag weeks, this week was pink, everything with a pink tag was %50 off. they also offer military and senior discounts. I also shop sales and clearance when I can too.

by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MDWife12
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I LOVE second hand stores :)

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:44 PM

We shop 2nd hand clothes FIRST, then go to the store clearance racks, then shop for other new clothes if needed.

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I often go to the thrift shop and find nice things for my daughter.. not so much for my son.  But its ok because she is growing every month (it seams lol) and i love getting stuff for the house there.

Stevensmomma
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:51 PM

yes we shop for them and we get them for free from family 

cjsmom1
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I don't shop second hand stores. The ones near my aren't good.

mrswillie
by Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:39 AM

I love our consignment shops

momto3isme
by Dawn on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Yes we go to Goodwill and thirft stores.  We also go to garage sales. 

DalesLgndLvsOn3
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Shorts, jeans, shirts, hoodies, coats... yes we love to shop resale...  sox, undies, bras.. NEW! for obvious reasons LOL

AleaKat
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:29 AM
We get lots of hand me downs from his older cousin and then from thete they go down again to my 3 yr old after my 5 yr old is done with them. We mix new clothes in sometimes to make him ferl like something is actually his. I found some cute stuff at salvation recently. If its in good condition and you wash it before they wear it then i dont see wh not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amy127
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:35 AM
I shop both second hand and clearance. I buy it when I see a good deal. I got my ds swim trunks in his next 2 sizes for $3.88 each at target. I also got my dd a couple pairs of shorts and a top for $1.50 each. I keep all their clothes in boxes labeled with who they are for and the size. We also get my nieces clothes as they grow out of them and I have a friend who we exchange clothes with. She has a dd younger than mine and I have a ds younger than hers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement