Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

What Was Your Last Mini Splurge?

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:00 PM
  • 28 Replies

What was your last mini splurge - just for you?  I'm talking like under $20, or heck...even free!

by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReesesPieces
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:05 PM

My mini splurge came today in the form of a new family sticker set for the minivan.  Our old one had our 2 year old as a baby, and our 8 month old wasn't even on there.  So....here it is (courtesy of my phone)

Picture is crappy because I'm in my garage, but you can see the cute little owls.  The lady we ordered them from accidentally forgot to include the blue ball caps and pink bows, but I am thinking about leaving it as is...or maybe just doing the pink bows.  In any event, this is still a really stinking cute thing for my minivan.  And I seriously get asked ALL THE TIME if all of the kids are mine.  Even in the pick-up line the teachers getting our car rider number are all like "wow, are all those yours?"  I always want to say "Nah, I found a couple of strays on the side of the road and I thought it'd be fun to wait in the car with them for an hour in the school pick up line." 

MDWife12
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM

A couple days ago after the kids were in bed and the baby was sleeping I went to Walmart to get a couple things -  before I went to Walmart I stopped at Coldstone Creamery and I splurged on a Caribou Coffee drink :) I don't splurge on myself too often though.

mamivon2
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM

I went to eat today.. had me a all you can eat salad bar for 6.99

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM

That is adorable!

Quoting ReesesPieces:

My mini splurge came today in the form of a new family sticker set for the minivan.  Our old one had our 2 year old as a baby, and our 8 month old wasn't even on there.  So....here it is (courtesy of my phone)

Picture is crappy because I'm in my garage, but you can see the cute little owls.  The lady we ordered them from accidentally forgot to include the blue ball caps and pink bows, but I am thinking about leaving it as is...or maybe just doing the pink bows.  In any event, this is still a really stinking cute thing for my minivan.  And I seriously get asked ALL THE TIME if all of the kids are mine.  Even in the pick-up line the teachers getting our car rider number are all like "wow, are all those yours?"  I always want to say "Nah, I found a couple of strays on the side of the road and I thought it'd be fun to wait in the car with them for an hour in the school pick up line." 

MDWife12
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:10 PM

haha cute sticker and I always wondered why people ask "are they all yours" it is such an odd question lol :)

Quoting ReesesPieces:

ReesesPieces
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I know!  I think it's odd too.  Why would anyone intentionally inflict the horror of going to the store with 5 kids under the age of 7 on themselves if they didn't have to?  lol.  I guess I could do home childcare or something, but still...it's an odd question.  An even better question is usually the follow up to "are they all yours?" is the epic "are you done having children yet?" or "you know what causes that, right?" ones.  That's the best.  It's like "Why yes, random stranger, I'd love to sit here and discuss my family planning and sexual habits with you!  That would be great!"  lol

Quoting MDWife12:

haha cute sticker and I always wondered why people ask "are they all yours" it is such an odd question lol :)

Quoting ReesesPieces:

MDWife12
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:19 PM

hehehe when people say "you know what causes that right" I always want to be a smart alleck and say "well no actually I don't, please inform me of what causes a baby because I thought it was the stork!" hehe. I would never ask a random stranger if they were done having kids - if I was talking to my friend I would ask if they plan on having any more but it usually gets asked if we are on the topic of babies any way lol :)

Quoting ReesesPieces:

I know!  I think it's odd too.  Why would anyone intentionally inflict the horror of going to the store with 5 kids under the age of 7 on themselves if they didn't have to?  lol.  I guess I could do home childcare or something, but still...it's an odd question.  An even better question is usually the follow up to "are they all yours?" is the epic "are you done having children yet?" or "you know what causes that, right?" ones.  That's the best.  It's like "Why yes, random stranger, I'd love to sit here and discuss my family planning and sexual habits with you!  That would be great!"  lol

Quoting MDWife12:

Quoting ReesesPieces:

ReesesPieces
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Yeah, I'd never ask someone if they were done, but for some reason a lot of women (and quite a few men for that matter) have felt the need to ask me that question.  I think I have a neon sign above my head that says "Please, talk to me!" or something because I can't go anywhere without several people striking up some sort of conversation.  By the end, it usually results in a "you've got your hands full", "you know what causes that, right?" or a "are you done?" type comment.   I just try to remember that they don't know what to say about my little family, so they say something dumb and probably kick themselves about it as they are walking away.  I know I put my foot in my mouth a lot, so I figure other people are probably doing that too. 

Quoting MDWife12:

hehehe when people say "you know what causes that right" I always want to be a smart alleck and say "well no actually I don't, please inform me of what causes a baby because I thought it was the stork!" hehe. I would never ask a random stranger if they were done having kids - if I was talking to my friend I would ask if they plan on having any more but it usually gets asked if we are on the topic of babies any way lol :)

Quoting ReesesPieces:

Quoting MDWife12:

Wish2Be
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Lunch at a vietnamese place...cost me ten bucks.

Wish2Be
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I love it ! I wonder if they have monsters ?!

Quoting ReesesPieces:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)