Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Fabulous but Frugal Wedding Gifts

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 33 Replies

Ahhhhh, marriage. Many of us have been in that union for years, others of us never, and still others are relatively new to the whole thing. That marriage thang...so tricky, so awesome, such hard work. That is why I know most of us kick it off with some sort of party or celebration...and when you do that, people give that couple gifts. But, sometimes, those gifts can cost moolah that we don't' have. When you still want to give something to those couples embarking on a great road of marriagedom but not spend too much, here are some idea that they will truly love that doesn't break your budget. 

-- Give what you know. Write out a collection of your favorite recipes on some cute recipes cards or printed onto cool paper and pair it with a muffin tin or mixing bowl or something else they may need.

-- Snuggle up. Everyone needs throw blankets for those couch snuggles. Wrap one up with a good bottle of wine for them to use on a night in.

-- Year-long giving. Sign them up for a subscription to a grilling magazine and match it with some monogrammed BBQ tools.

-- Crock it! This is great especially for younger couples who haven't discovered the joy of crockpot cooking. A crockpot and a crockpot cookbook are ideal to help them get going on healthy and easy dinners together.

What was the best and most useful wedding present you got? What do you wish you got now?

ŠiStockphoto.com/Muenz      

by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rushn311
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Crock pot and I still have it and use it.

Kainalu55
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:42 AM

money! 

deedee3849
by Deanne on Sep. 17, 2012 at 8:28 AM

I got so many wonderful things, many of which I still use after 12 years of marriage! My coffee pot I just replaced and I loved that! I still use my crock pot that I got.

deedee3849
by Deanne on Sep. 17, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Quoting Kainalu55:

money! 

lol...yeah that was a good gift too! That's how we furnished our home!

AzariahsMother
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 10:14 AM

It would be just the money because then we were able to do what we needed with it.  That's all we really got anyway other then some glasses, and a George Foreman Grill. 

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Sep. 17, 2012 at 10:38 AM

these are great ideas.. i love them all :)  specially the crock pot and the recipe one.

We didnt have a wedding party, we got married at city hall, and only my sister in law, mother and brother came.. they gave us money as gifts...  :/ so no party here.  Maybe when we renew our vows :)

suziejax
by Suzie on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Seriously it was towels lol

sukainah
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Those are great ideas.  We got money, but it would have been nice to have a bridal shower and get some kitchen gifts, like a crockpot

natesmom1228
by Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:41 AM

My electric wine opener. I love it. I also received new bakeware.

CameronsMommy23
by Amber on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Cute ideas! We got a few things off our registry and a bunch of money. Lol With the money we bought a photo printer among a few other things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement