Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Yes, those little toes, those little schmunchie-unchie tummies, that smell (oh you know what I'm talking about). Yes, babies. They are everywhere, it seems and that means they get gifts (I mean, you grow for nine months and burst into the world, you deserve some goodies). But when you have friend after cousin after co-worker having babies, those gifts can add up. Everyone loves giving stuffed elephants and pandas, but these gifts don't break the bank and are super useful - money well spent if you ask me. 

-- Start a library. Go to Amazon or Barnes and Noble or your local bookseller and pick out some great board books. Not just the usual "Goodnight Moon", check out some ABC ones, some Sandra Boynton ones...my kid's fave: Hug.

-- LLBean monogrammed tote. Mom and Dad are going to be toting a lot of stuff, why not get the little one a bag of her own. Perfect for airplane and day trips to lug toys, bottles and more.

-- Monogrammed buckets and bins. I love these canvas carriers and floor totes from Pottery Barn as they hold so much stuff and fit anywhere. We have three in Kiddo's room and they have grown with her, going from baby toys to blocks to now purses.

-- Artwork for her walls. Order some great prints from places like Etsy for less than $20 and add a frame from your local craft store or WalMart and you have something special. Love this "You are my sunshine" lyrics or the trio of adorable elephant and bunny prints.

What is your favorite baby gift to give?

©iStockphoto.com/RuthBlack          

by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
deedee3849
by Deanne on Sep. 18, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Quoting Mamalove0428:

Where do you get the teething necklaces?

http://www.smartmomjewelry.com/

deedee3849
by Deanne on Sep. 18, 2012 at 6:04 PM

The artwork is a really cute idea! Maybe embroidery in a whimsical pattern and saying on a piece of fabric and then frame it??? You got me thinking....

ReesesPieces
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 8:02 PM
Or amazon - mine was $15 as opposed to $19.

Quoting Mamalove0428:

Where do you get the teething necklaces?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StarBrightSun
by New Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 6:25 AM

I give is like a basket with calm and soothing shampoo and lotion all of lavender , it also comes with baby cloths to take a the baby a bath and baby cologne.

momto3isme
by Dawn on Sep. 19, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Great Ideas!

momto3isme
by Dawn on Sep. 19, 2012 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I normally get the diaper bag and fill it full or the baby bathtub and fill it with washclothes, shampoo, lotion, etc.

i.heart.myboys
by Amber E on Sep. 19, 2012 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Good idea. I always give diapers and wipes. I always do size 1 or 2 for diapers and give the non scent/sensitive skin wipes. I'd rather give something that they will always need.:)

apoynter
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I like a subscription to "Family Fun' magazine!  Lots of 'real' advice from parents, with Kid-friendly craft, travel and decorating ideas, pertinent health info....for a reasonable, realistic family.

Oh, and I always add a copy of 'Love you Forever'....and challenge the new mom to read it without tearing up.....my first baby is nearly 17 years old....still can't make it through that book without a hankie.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Sep. 19, 2012 at 9:30 PM
Good ideas I usually just buy off of the registry.
CameronsMommy23
by Amber on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Diaper cakes are my fav baby gift! You can decorate them with pacifiers or baby toys or bows for lil girls. And who doesn't like getting diapers!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)