Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

When do I report a seller?

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 8:48 PM
  • 18 Replies

Hi ladies.I ordered from a seller on Etsy back on the 9th,It showed shipped on the 11th. I have received nothing. I was concerned and tried to contact her in case my purchase had been returned or some shipping delay had occoured. She has not responded in 24 hours. I am afraid I might have got ripped off here. When is the appropriate time to contact Etsy for a refund? I've never had an issue like this before and have been shopping online for years.

by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AzariahsMother
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Ebay asks that you give 4 days and have not gotten payment or the item to report them... I am not sure about Etsy.  The fact that she has not responded is what worries me.  Did you pay for insurance or what is her policy on stuff like this.

ReesesPieces
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 10:33 PM
I'd be worried too but I would probably give it another day or two and then I would report it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Quatre.Mama
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 2:46 AM
Double check where it was shipping from first, as well as the carrier. Then check the carriers website to see how long it should take. Showing shipped on the 11th means it was dropped at the carriers, it may have just sat in a warehouse until the 12th or 13th. Also wait another day or so for a response. She is an etsy seller not a full blown company. She probably has kids deadlines etc. Somedays you don't get to everything either. :-) read her policies and feedback while waiting. People talk about shipping in those and if it perpetually takes awhile it'll be noted. But their really is only so much that can be done without the seller, since etsy is just a showroom. Good luck and have patience.
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Sep. 19, 2012 at 7:46 AM

I'd give her  a few more days, then maybe just email etsy to see what they reccommend.

momto3isme
by Dawn on Sep. 19, 2012 at 8:23 AM

I agree with previous posters give it a couple more days if you haven't heard anything or received your item then report her.

i.heart.myboys
by Amber E on Sep. 19, 2012 at 9:42 AM
I'd be worried too. But I would give it till Thursday and than see what happens. If not contact someone?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 19, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I did look at her profile and it does not state a method of shipment just the date it was shipped. She has 4 feedbacks all 100% but none really mention ship times. I did try to contact her 2 days ago but no response. I have never used Etsy so I have no idea whats normal for ship times or contact with seller.

Quoting Quatre.Mama:

Double check where it was shipping from first, as well as the carrier. Then check the carriers website to see how long it should take. Showing shipped on the 11th means it was dropped at the carriers, it may have just sat in a warehouse until the 12th or 13th. Also wait another day or so for a response. She is an etsy seller not a full blown company. She probably has kids deadlines etc. Somedays you don't get to everything either. :-) read her policies and feedback while waiting. People talk about shipping in those and if it perpetually takes awhile it'll be noted. But their really is only so much that can be done without the seller, since etsy is just a showroom. Good luck and have patience.

Quatre.Mama
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 3:47 PM
Okay, Ive been buying and selling on etsy for a couple of years now. It is NOT amazon. Nothing comes fast, ever. But that can be frustrating for new people :-) especially when they don't know where to look for information. Go to your account and find the item you bought. Click on it to bring up the product page. There will be on one of the side bars the sellers name (or shop name) or location (city, state or country and area). This is important because the person may not be in America! So that would make it take longer. Next on the product page scroll down to the bottom, it will tell you shipping prices and what company it was used to ship the item. According to etsy rules as well as the form you fill out to list something this information MUST be there!! It wont let you put something for sale if you don't. If you need more information go to the store main page then on the left click policies. Most people put down what carrier they use in the policies or read the about me blurb at the top on the main storefronts. If something is new going on people on etsy post it. Now it has only been 8 days. If it was sent normal insured parcel post through usps it may take a couple of weeks! It all depends on the item and carrier. When you are trying to figure its arrival please do not count the 11th as a day because that was when it went to the carriers. Etsy is NOT like regular online shopping, its just regular people, and with only 4 feedback that person is brand new and still working out the kinks. The seller should contact you soon but feel free to message them again through etsy and ask for a tracking number.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 19, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I did find where she is located in the US and that she ships USPS between 3-7 days after payment is made. It states order confirmation is included but I did not receive anything. I tried to write her again through Etsy and her personal email but am getting nowhere. I know this item was already made so I'm not sure if that would affect anything or not. I am hoping to hear something back from her soon. Thank you so much for your help!

Quoting Quatre.Mama:

Okay, Ive been buying and selling on etsy for a couple of years now. It is NOT amazon. Nothing comes fast, ever. But that can be frustrating for new people :-) especially when they don't know where to look for information. Go to your account and find the item you bought. Click on it to bring up the product page. There will be on one of the side bars the sellers name (or shop name) or location (city, state or country and area). This is important because the person may not be in America! So that would make it take longer. Next on the product page scroll down to the bottom, it will tell you shipping prices and what company it was used to ship the item. According to etsy rules as well as the form you fill out to list something this information MUST be there!! It wont let you put something for sale if you don't. If you need more information go to the store main page then on the left click policies. Most people put down what carrier they use in the policies or read the about me blurb at the top on the main storefronts. If something is new going on people on etsy post it. Now it has only been 8 days. If it was sent normal insured parcel post through usps it may take a couple of weeks! It all depends on the item and carrier. When you are trying to figure its arrival please do not count the 11th as a day because that was when it went to the carriers. Etsy is NOT like regular online shopping, its just regular people, and with only 4 feedback that person is brand new and still working out the kinks. The seller should contact you soon but feel free to message them again through etsy and ask for a tracking number.

deedee3849
by Deanne on Sep. 19, 2012 at 6:05 PM

I would give it a few more days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)