Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

The amazing things you can do with apples :)

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay so I made homemade applesauce for the very first time today. We have an apple tree in front and our neighbor has an apple tree as well - we might as well use the apples! Anyway, all I have to say is the applesauce smells DELICIOUS! I can't wait until it cools off and we can eat it! *hopefully it taste as delicious as it smells* Anyway, I have decided I am going to try my hand at apple crisp - I can easily make it gluten free so it is safe for my daughter to eat too! So what is your favorite thing to do with apples?! :)

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Replies (11-14):
LexRi0709
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 8:56 PM
I love baking all that, aside from the applesauce! I've never tried homemade applesauce.

Apples are also great to paint and use as a stamp!

I wish I had an apple tree. We had crab apples growing up, so we couldn't eat them. There were always bugs in them.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Yum! We have several apple trees on our property and we like to make apple butter, applesauce, cider, apple pies, apple bread, baked apples, apple crisp...whatever I can think of!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CameronsMommy23
by Amber on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:37 AM

I'm not a big apple fan but if we had a tree I'd make the kids some applesauce and apple pie for my Dh.

deedee3849
by Deanne on Sep. 22, 2012 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting michiganmom116:

Yum! We have several apple trees on our property and we like to make apple butter, applesauce, cider, apple pies, apple bread, baked apples, apple crisp...whatever I can think of!

I planted 2 apple trees and a nectarine tree but we are still waiting. No blossoms yet. Maybe next spring. I want to plant several more!

deedee3849
by Deanne on Sep. 22, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Quoting cjsmom1:

I love sliced apples with the caramel dip

Mmmmm, that's good =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement