Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much will you spend on christmas

Posted by   + Show Post
I had a budget all planned out but then I got sick and was off work for a couple of weeks without pay. And then the medical bills starting coming in. So.. I'm starting to panic on Christmas. I read that Walmart has a new layaway plan this year. I've never done layaway, has anyone else?

We don't buy for the adults in the family and there are not many kids. But as they get older, they get more expensive. My kids are asking for an iPod touch and a dsi. I'm wondering where they got these ideas from lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Replies (41-43):
ReesesPieces
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 1:17 PM
I wasn't trying to be rude. I'm sorry if I came across that way!

I was mostly just saying how people (especially in another group) are so surprised and stressed out because "Christmas just snuck up" on them. We all know it comes once every 365 days - its not a moving holiday like Easter, so I just find it odd how people are caught off guard that it's here again. There's a difference in planning and crap happening and not planning and being surprised that you have to scramble to pull it together.

Quoting momof2ex1:

That is what I always do too. Don't giggle it's a frantic time for me lol I have $75 per pay period direct deposited into a Seperate savings account that we don't touch. It's for Christmas and birthdays. I kind of messed up though and wasn't putting enough in to our emergency fund after having to use it in June. By August we had another emergency, we had pneumonia and the missed work killed my savings. I have a couple of things I bought in February at a big sale. I think about Christmas all year long. I can't wait to win the lottery and not have to think about Christmas all year lol I'd have to start playing to win though I guess. Haha just kidding.

Quoting ReesesPieces:

Oh....and we don't do layaway - never have. I start shopping early and Christmas is a line item in our budget so we start saving for it in January. I always giggle how people get frantic at this time of the year to come up with Christmas money. It's not a surprise....it's always on December 25....every year. So even with a low income, someone can put away $20 a month and at Christmas they would have $240 saved up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Loredlore
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:29 AM
I have many moms buying these Furbys with crystals .. Hand placed .
They range from 99 - 150 .
Just so their child won't have just any furby out this Christmas...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/loreswickedgoodstuff/m.html?item=121033312691&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

tashraq87
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Honestly, I spent just $130 on my 9 yo daughter. Seems a little mean, but I bought her a shower set for her bathroom(we rent and the curtain and walls are nasty mustard color) and its a pink and zebra print like she wanted, a justin biber cd, a one direcition cd, a barbie sktch desgn thing, a one direction pajama set, fuzzy socks, two pairs of jeans and 2 shirts. Then I went to Target and looked in the under $3 bins and got her a sticky notepad(since she is always using mine), a notebook, some pens and a small bottle of lotion and some candy. For my parents, we went and had our pics done professionally. Printed them out and will buy frames today. My husband and I don't buy for eachother because we really don't care and we also don't have the extra money either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)