Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Smarter Seasonal Spending Challenge Day 1: Plan Ahead

Posted by   + Show Post

This sounds like an easy task, but the holidays will be here before you know it!

Sit down and make a list of upcoming parties, gifts you'll need to buy, trips you might be taking, and other expenses that might come up - costumes for a winter dance recital, anything. Then take some time to set a reasonable budget keeping in mind what works for your finances and incorporates all these purchases.

What do you have coming up this season?

writing

Sign up here to receive daily reminders! One mom who completes 10 or more days of the challenge will win a $50 Chase gift card!

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
MelisaAnderson
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:50 AM
No parties planned.. Trips x 3.. Already have some gas money saved up!! Christmas gifts,a few already bought!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoyJoy
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:52 AM
my oldests daughters bday is dec. 13th then mines the 20th but we do anything for it, christmas, my bfs bday is jan 8th and my youngests daughters bday is jan 29th. need winter coats, clothes, etc...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eds6619
by New Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Christmas, dh's birthday, both kids' birthdays, both parent's bdays

jamiegraham
by Jamie on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Halloween Costume, christmas for the family,gift for teacher,

LS1030
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:54 AM
A Disney World trip in December, Christmas gifts (our son's first!), a few weddings to attend and we need a new roof. That last one's a biggie!

LadyDione1
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Christmas gifts for my son and godchildren

Teacher's gifts

My Uncle's 70th birthday

Possible trip at end of year

campingmomof4
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:55 AM

My oldest daughter is graduating from College December 16th.   Saving up for picture money and cap and gown expense.  Diploma fee is covered already.

My youngest son graduates from Army Boot Camp November 8th.  That means a trip to SC for 5 days.  We have the hotel reserved and paid for.  I have gas money put away already.  Now to save for food money and extras. 

I also have the gas and toll expense to pick up our younger daughter from college for Thanksgiving holiday then again in December to come home between semesters. 

Rain2Rinse
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:56 AM
We have dds birthday party, my birthday, my parents anniversary, Halloween, thanksgiving pre-party, our anniversary, thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas pre-party, Christmas, and New Year's Eve.

Yikes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyDione1
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Oh and winter clothes for me

Moms_Angels1960
by Cheryl on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Gifts for all my co workers, gifts for 6 adult kids, 3 parents, 10 grandkids, our 10 yr old, ourselves, Christmas at our house so all the trimmings for that. No trips my since my dh is having surgery the day before Thanksgiving.
Christmas cards to send out, a few of my friends on here. Can't think of anything else That might be enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN