Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Smarter Seasonal Spending Challenge Day 1: Plan Ahead

Posted by   + Show Post

This sounds like an easy task, but the holidays will be here before you know it!

Sit down and make a list of upcoming parties, gifts you'll need to buy, trips you might be taking, and other expenses that might come up - costumes for a winter dance recital, anything. Then take some time to set a reasonable budget keeping in mind what works for your finances and incorporates all these purchases.

What do you have coming up this season?

writing

Sign up here to receive daily reminders! One mom who completes 10 or more days of the challenge will win a $50 Chase gift card!

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (51-60):
butterflykiss10
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Christmas pics with kids (being done today) and though I have most of the stuff on layaway for Christmas gifts for kids, sill need to buy them a few other gifts. Winter coats, hats, scarves (unless I can finally crochet those) and ski gloves. My son's birthday is in 2 weeks, but I already bought his presents last month. Oh I can not forget going to the movies on Thanksgiving and X-mas.

batjmom
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Halloween party first. Then I'm hosting thanksgiving dinner and then Christmas. I have already started my list.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Wow, sitting down and making this list scares me. LOL There is a lot going on.

anotherhalf
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Charity benefit, gifts for kids, work Christmas party.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommieof1b4g
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:54 PM
I have 5 kids to shop for. A birthday on nov,5th and my nephews bday n december
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaedynmoon
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Lots of things!  I started last month writing everything down since I love making lists and planning ahead.  Already have ingredients listed, gifts listed...think I'm doing pretty good!

Alliegracesmom
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:05 PM
I have been thinking about making list and doing layaway just to have a place to keep it
bether89
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:06 PM

We have 2 cub scout camping trips coming up, Trick-A-Trunk for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Black Friday sales, a Christmas play at church, and Christmas.

FindersKeepers
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:14 PM

I already bought gifts for a my DH 40th bday, a few things for Christmas and a baby shower that is upcoming.   I feel relieved having those things taken care of already. 

My DH and I have had a couple of fiancial scares this year and likely more to come so our plan it to save as much as possible and just keep everything else simple.   That mindset alone frees up the budget.

e.sugarbaby
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:31 PM
Birthdays...is the only other major thing other than Christmas. Wehave been trying I plan all year long for those though....so that helps....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)