Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Seasonal Spending Challenge Day 2: Get Creative

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 127 Replies
2 moms liked this

Consider homemade gifts this year. These gifts don't just save you money - they're also more personal! Need some ideas? Bake cookies, make a big batch of hot chocolate, or print a photo and find a nice frame.  If you're not crafty, consider buying candles or ornaments in bulk. You can divide them up and give them to multiple people.

How will you save on gifts this year?

gift

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? You need to participate in at least 10 of the challenge posts for a chance to win the $50 gift card. Sign up here to join the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy4two
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:09 AM

I actually work for a company as an indepent agent called Herbalife and I get an awesome discount on my products so I was thinking about making gift baskets for the kids teachers and some of the other adults that I need to buy for with these products...I'm not sure what else I'm going to do for anyone yet though...

anotherhalf
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:06 AM
I'm going to make something, but I haven't decided what yet. Something food related.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moms_Angels1960
by Cheryl on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:14 AM

I do lots of Homemade gifts always. This is how I save on money & get something personal just for the person gift.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:37 AM

Buying items with free shipping!

michiganmom116
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:51 AM

I've always made homemade gifts, but I'm cutting back on that this year because of the last-minute stress over whether or not I'll have time to finish everything.  Instead, I am being smarter about what I buy and I am watching for great deals.

Lo1427
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:11 AM
I don't really do homemade gifts. The closest i come to that is the photo gifts from shutterfly. They have great deals this time of year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amy127
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:22 AM
Last year I got MIL a coffee mug with the kids picture on it. This year, I think I will make photo calendars for everyone. Thats about as home made as I get. Oh one year I melted down broken crayons and made rainbow crayons for my nieces.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReesesPieces
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:03 AM
We do home made for teachers, but we really don't get many presents otherwise. We do a dirty Santa gift exchange with my family, so it's just 2 gifts. Then we bake cookies for the neighbors, but that's about as homemade as it gets. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
5forjulie
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:11 AM

more homemade and also lots of pictures too 

Rogue35
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:11 AM
I buy things either on sale or clearance that is how I save money.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)