Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Smarter Seasonal Spending Challenge Day 2: Get Creative

Posted by   + Show Post

Consider homemade gifts this year. These gifts don't just save you money - they're also more personal! Need some ideas? Bake cookies, make a big batch of hot chocolate, or print a photo and find a nice frame.  If you're not crafty, consider buying candles or ornaments in bulk. You can divide them up and give them to multiple people.

How will you save on gifts this year?

gift

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? You need to participate in at least 10 of the challenge posts for a chance to win the $50 gift card. Sign up here to join the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (81-90):
Flaca43
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:08 PM

I like the idea of making gifts. I thought of it last year, but didn't do it. I think the adults in our family would like this idea..unless they would like to do the bag grab idea this year.

onlygirl3
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I always try to make homemade gifts. I usually make a college of the boys from all year to give to the grandparents.

Cemommster
by New Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:57 PM

I started making hair bow plaques and headbands.  My dd and nieces love them, so I will probably make a bunch for Christmas gifts.

jaedynmoon
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:49 PM

I love baking so I always make yummy treats. granolas, breads...all that stuff.  I think if I went a year without making my homemade marshmallows all my family would wonder what the heck happened!

unicornnymph22
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:30 PM
I am making quite a few gifts this year. More than in the past. We also are starting the four gift rule for the kids too. They have too much and we spend too much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elise_Gurrola
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:49 AM
I have been on printist for a few days looking up ideas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsBlueBelle
by New Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:53 AM

We, as a family have done this penny pinching way to shop for the Christmas holidays and other gift purchases.  All year long, we purchase nice/new things at yard sales AND at Goodwill, and that is how we manage to keep the entire family purchases under $100 a year.

MooNFaeRie30
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:22 AM

i always think about aking gifts, but then run out of tie because before i can get the done.

deltadawn1975
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:15 AM
I will let my dd help me make something for her teacher, and who ever else she wants to make something for.
sweetsurprise13
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:46 AM

1 gift per family

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement