Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Smarter Seasonal Spending Challenge Day 2: Get Creative

Posted by   + Show Post

Consider homemade gifts this year. These gifts don't just save you money - they're also more personal! Need some ideas? Bake cookies, make a big batch of hot chocolate, or print a photo and find a nice frame.  If you're not crafty, consider buying candles or ornaments in bulk. You can divide them up and give them to multiple people.

How will you save on gifts this year?

gift

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? You need to participate in at least 10 of the challenge posts for a chance to win the $50 gift card. Sign up here to join the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (91-100):
CameronsMommy23
by Amber on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:22 AM
I'm thinking about making cookies and pumpkin bread baskets or something for friends and teachers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Myrick4pack
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:30 AM
We are going to take a family photo. ( Which is something we' ve never done b4. ) Give those out w/ some homemade gifts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by Amber E on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:54 PM
We will shop clearance and deals
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:01 PM
I always give a ton of homemade gifts every year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dest1992
by New Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:31 PM
I will prob make something that he can appriciate it wen he older
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shopsha0911
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:19 PM

I think I'm past the homemade gift period in my life. People looked at me like I was nuts when I did that so I have moved on and just limit the gifts I purchase. We give a bunch of charity gifts which is better for everyone.  

shishie
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:20 PM

I sew , so I am making table runners!

mammapav
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:41 PM

I am doing a lot of homemade gift this year that I have been working on since July.

MommaTo312
by New Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I have thought about doing scrapbooks for certain family members. I think it would be a good thing to do to capture certain memories throughout the year or even leave pages blank for them to continue with.  I've wanted to do gift baskets, book exchanges (a lot of my family loves to read) or making candy, etc. 

Angelfaces
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Better planning and watching for the sales will help me with gift giving.  I'm going to make some of my grandkids pillow beds this year.  Hope to make each one of them a homemade ornament too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN