Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Smarter Seasonal Spending Challenge Day 3: Cut Costs Now

Posted by   + Show Post

Save a little more this year by cutting out things you don't need now! Make your coffee at home, bring your own lunch, skip name brands and add it all to a holiday slush fund.

How much do you spend on coffee and lunches each week? How much can you save if you stop buying a few of these "treats" for the next three months?

coffee

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? You need to participate in at least 10 of the challenge posts for a chance to win the $50 gift card. Sign up here to join the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (101-110):
pampire
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:50 PM

we probably eat lunch on the run once a week..or pizza for dinner.  There is big room for improvement there!

Princessofscots
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:03 AM
Very seldom eat lunch out while at work, only have a half hour, and that is not nearly enough time to get anywhere around here. I only buy coffee (actually chai) out if I have gift cards. Already making pretty significant budget chops.
ANR1390
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I dont drink coffee. I usually eat at home, but it is my DH that likes to spend money. He spends at least $10 a day on food and cigarettes...sometimes more. We could save like $500-600 in 3 months if he would quit. He doesn't listen to me though.

barrier
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 4:04 PM
I try to pack lunches but alums 150 in 3 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
clowry02
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I pack the lunches and use coupons for goodies in there lunch

ashleymosq
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I already make mine and DH's coffee at home. I don't work, but my DH takes a lunch every day. I also make his breakfast every morning. We will soon be able to put more towards the Christmas fund.

newmommy82012
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Well being a mew mom I don't like to take my daughter out. I feel much better staying home. I'm sure I have saved a good amount not going out for coffee and food and eating at home instead.
Mommi4ever2010
by New Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 11:22 AM
I dont reino coffee or but name brands but will rey to cut out something else I dont need
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alongroadhome
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Between coffee and lunch I spend about $57 a week... OMG that made me cringe when I actually did up the math and in 3 months I could save almost $200.... I will definatly be packing lunch and cutting back on coffee.

MDWife12
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 9:40 AM

No coffee here atm because everytime I do drink it my baby gets crabby - I can do half a cup but that is it and even then I can't even do half a cup because I like to use creamer in it and my little guy isn't handling dairy products SO I just avoid coffee all together :) My daughter brings a lunch from home to school and my son eats free lunch at the school. We don't go out to eat very often as it is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN