Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Smarter Seasonal Spending Challenge Day 3: Cut Costs Now

Posted by   + Show Post

Save a little more this year by cutting out things you don't need now! Make your coffee at home, bring your own lunch, skip name brands and add it all to a holiday slush fund.

How much do you spend on coffee and lunches each week? How much can you save if you stop buying a few of these "treats" for the next three months?

coffee

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? You need to participate in at least 10 of the challenge posts for a chance to win the $50 gift card. Sign up here to join the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
LS1030
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:59 AM
I already make coffee at home and bring lunch to work. Any time I've tried to stop drinking coffee, I just end up in the Dunkin Donuts drive through. I got my car insurance lowered by doing the Progressive Snapshot and DH got Sirius to skip a payment by threatening to cancel...so there's some savings.

CameronsMommy23
by Amber on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:17 AM
We rarely buy coffee from out. We don't even eat out a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I really try to avoid eating out, but going to Starbucks is my weakness lol

unicornnymph22
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:50 AM
I don't buy coffee out, and I have started making my own chai recipe! Lunches are also at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovingjx3lild
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I pack lunch for myself and the kids

Greekmama21
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:51 AM

We don't drink coffee at all and rarely eat out. To be honest, there are things we can cut but wont unless it's an emergency. We budget for Cheistmas year round. 

natesmom1228
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I don't buy lunch or coffee. I always bring lunch and we have a K cup machine at work. I do buy the k cup, it's usually $9.00 for 18 cups at Big Lots. My hubby and I have a pot of coffee before we leave the house for work.

MelisaAnderson
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:53 AM
I don't drink coffee! My employer provides bottled water to drink while at work! And I go home for lunch..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaedynmoon
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I spend absolutely nothing on those each week.  I make coffee for my husband and I every morning and I pack him lunch to take to work with him.  We cut out those two expenses a long time ago to cut back on our spending.  

othermom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:55 AM

We would save probably $100 or so in three months for the treat we get, maybe more. My husband spends a little at work, I would hate to ask him to cut that out. We do but drinks each day at the gas station. If I did my ice tea at home each day instead it would save about $5 a week for mine alone

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN