Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Smarter Seasonal Spending Challenge Day 3: Cut Costs Now

Posted by   + Show Post

Save a little more this year by cutting out things you don't need now! Make your coffee at home, bring your own lunch, skip name brands and add it all to a holiday slush fund.

How much do you spend on coffee and lunches each week? How much can you save if you stop buying a few of these "treats" for the next three months?

coffee

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? You need to participate in at least 10 of the challenge posts for a chance to win the $50 gift card. Sign up here to join the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
PEEK05
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:22 AM

$0

Flaca43
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I make my own lunches and coffee at home everyday. I was buying coffee out a couple times a week, but now get in on weekends..or more so lately rarely..maybe once or twice a month. Starbucks is my treat!

batjmom
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I dont buy coffee out.   I actually don't buy any "treats".    I think I'm pretty frugal and would rather make it at home...  

heather4511
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:44 AM
I get coffee maybe a couple times a year and I always make our lunches. But I could cut down on the fast food for convenience, and instead become better at planning ahead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XVAmomma
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Oh I know exactly what you mean. I used to spen $1.10x3 a day 5 days a week. That adds up to $16.50 a week for bad coffee. I did the math and brewing it at home or work cost me less than that a month. So I rarely buy coffee now.

Lunch is a waste of money and not much can be said for its nutritional value either if you only have fast foods around. So walk home for lunch every day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yvonne37
by Yvonne on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:46 AM

i do this all the time anyway :) lol.. i dont buy coffee, I brew it myself and we pack lunch from home.. maybe in other ways I can save a little more... gotta see.

Myrick4pack
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:49 AM
We don't even drink coffee! We might eat out once or twice a week. That's only on dollar menus or coupons. I can't even remember the last time. We bought name brand products. If it wasn't in a grocery store on sale.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vikki77
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:03 PM
I have been doing pretty good making my coffee at home. Now I just need to buy gallons of juice so I don't end up getting it at gas stains when my kids decide they are dying of thirst! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ferrari
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:11 PM
I'm a full time sahm. I already eat lunch at home and make my coffee at home. I do occasionally take the kids out or get a latte as a treat. If I stopped that, I could probably save like 30/week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
campingmomof4
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:36 PM

I already make my coffee at home.  I pack my lunch every day for work.  We don't eat out at restaurants.  I all meals at home. 

We save $1 and put them in a jar for an extra savings.  We have used the money for spending money for our Jamaica trip we did in February.    I have enough $1 now to pay for our hotel room and gas money for our trip next month to SC to see our son graduate from Army Boot Camp.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN