Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Smarter Seasonal Spending Challenge Day 3: Cut Costs Now

Posted by   + Show Post

Save a little more this year by cutting out things you don't need now! Make your coffee at home, bring your own lunch, skip name brands and add it all to a holiday slush fund.

How much do you spend on coffee and lunches each week? How much can you save if you stop buying a few of these "treats" for the next three months?

coffee

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? You need to participate in at least 10 of the challenge posts for a chance to win the $50 gift card. Sign up here to join the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-50):
ZoeCY
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Nothing for the most part.  We maybe get lunch once a month and that's about it.  My husband takes leftovers for his lunch and just drinks coffee from home. 

Cemommster
by New Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:48 PM

most of my coffees are made at home.  just started making DH's lunch's and dd doesnt' want hot lunch at school.

Anniebel22
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:49 PM
We do lunches monthly and coffee/smoothie king weekly. Good idea to limit for the next couple months for money and calorie intake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyOfOne2710
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:03 PM

I work at McDonald's, so I can get anything I want for 50% off every day. It's so tempting to stop there for coffee, and even though I only spend $1.50 a couple times a week, I know it adds up.. I need to stop!!

mem82
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I don't buy coffee, but I buy books, about $10 a week or $120 for 3 months. I cut them out. 8(

jrcjjcinc
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:19 PM

I do not like to buy coffee or anything that is crazy expensive while I am out.  My husband on the other hand will and sometimes it drives me crazy.  he has cut back on that a lot though.  We have found some generic brands that taste or work just as good as the name brands and I have started couponing and finding the best deals for what we need.  I save about $6 per week at the store just with coupons.

i.heart.myboys
by Amber E on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:27 PM
I don't drink coffee
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bob192
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:33 PM

A lot!  I love to eat out, this is really all I splurge on.  But I spend way too much!

bether89
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:05 PM

We don't eat out for lunch or coffee, but we eat out at least once on the weekend as a family.  We could save about $80 a month, if we ate at home instead.

bmw29
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:08 PM
Same here.

Quoting michiganmom116:

We've done all of those things for YEARS, so there won't be any savings there.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)