Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Smarter Seasonal Spending Challenge Day 3: Cut Costs Now

Posted by   + Show Post

Save a little more this year by cutting out things you don't need now! Make your coffee at home, bring your own lunch, skip name brands and add it all to a holiday slush fund.

How much do you spend on coffee and lunches each week? How much can you save if you stop buying a few of these "treats" for the next three months?

coffee

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? You need to participate in at least 10 of the challenge posts for a chance to win the $50 gift card. Sign up here to join the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (71-80):
mammapav
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:38 PM

We have not done any this for a long time.

MommaTo312
by New Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Normally I'll eat out about 2-3 times a week (if that) which normally costs about 7/day ($21/week). If I started bringing my lunch and breakfast and kept snacks at my desk, then I could save $252 in 3 months (roughly). 

mommieof1b4g
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:04 PM

we make all that at home. saves A LOT

la_bella_vita
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:41 PM

I get a coffee maybe 2-3 x a week. They are 2.00 each because I have a card to the local coffee store. I want to cut down to one coffee a week. We also want to cut back on going out for lunch, we do it twice a week.

SassyLeigh
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I always make my coffee at home and work. I bring my own lunch as well. It doesn't help that I work at a secure mill, and we're not allowed to leave for lunch. We're trying to quit smoking and we're down to less than half a pack a day, so that is our major cut back. I'm looking into what we spend to see what else we can cut back on, but there really isn't anything that we treat ourselves too.

Angelfaces
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I'm not a coffee drinker, but with better menu planning could save from buying my lunch at work 1 -3 times a month.

schnebels
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I don't drink coffee

lynettemommie4
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:06 PM

We already do that. I could cut back on the bottles of drinks i buy. I usually get a bottle of vitamin water at work.

Hello_kimmy
by New Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:05 AM

I dont buy any of these

MooNFaeRie30
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:17 AM

i would probably save $20-40.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN