Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Smarter Seasonal Spending Challenge Day 3: Cut Costs Now

Posted by   + Show Post

Save a little more this year by cutting out things you don't need now! Make your coffee at home, bring your own lunch, skip name brands and add it all to a holiday slush fund.

How much do you spend on coffee and lunches each week? How much can you save if you stop buying a few of these "treats" for the next three months?

coffee

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? You need to participate in at least 10 of the challenge posts for a chance to win the $50 gift card. Sign up here to join the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (81-90):
Rogue35
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:44 AM
I am not a coffee drinker and don't eat out all the time.
4kidz916
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:22 AM

I already do this.  It really saves a lot. 

mommybug77
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:26 AM
We don't buy coffee and dh takes his. lunch
minnie31mouse
by New Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:09 PM

I drink coffee at work so there is no charge there or savings but I eat out for lunch about twice a week adn could save about 10 a week in cutting that out and bringing from home

MomOf2Girlies90
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:21 PM

I'm a stay at home mom, but I always pack my husbands lunches and snacks. He takes leftovers a lot so that saves us even more =]

frankiesma530
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:05 PM

I spend about 10 bucks on coffee a month and I usually have a cup every morning.

Jenni_Lynne71
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this
We make coffee at home every morning and then SO packs a lunch to take to work. I drink coffee at work but it is free( I'm a server @ a restaurant); and I get to eat free, also. It is a family restaurant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stephwordelman1
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:20 PM

dont drink coffee haha, i work at home now, so whatever we buy for groceries is what we eat.

MissyB1011
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:02 PM

I started buying coffee, sweetener, and creamer in bulk at Costco when it's in their coupon flyer. That makes it even cheaper. I can't even remember when I last bought coffee out.

DD packs her lunch for school. I only work 2 days a week, and I take my lunch there. DH sometimes packs, sometimes buys depending on where he is working that day. We've cut back on eating out.

Guga485
by New Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I don't buy coffee or tea I carry it from home. For lunch I always carry leftovers from dinner,but I am guilty of having a bagel at least once a week. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement