Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Smarter Seasonal Spending Challenge Day 3: Cut Costs Now

Posted by   + Show Post

Save a little more this year by cutting out things you don't need now! Make your coffee at home, bring your own lunch, skip name brands and add it all to a holiday slush fund.

How much do you spend on coffee and lunches each week? How much can you save if you stop buying a few of these "treats" for the next three months?

coffee

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? You need to participate in at least 10 of the challenge posts for a chance to win the $50 gift card. Sign up here to join the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (91-100):
goddess99
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Rarely do I get coffee and almost never lunch so maybe I would save $30 in 3 months, not much.

hfaddis
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:08 PM

i don't drink coffee. my husband drinks coffee at home before work, then the workplace provides their coffee when he's at work and we pack his lunch and the boys and I rarely ever eat out so we don't spend much of anything =)

earthangel1967
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:15 PM

We make our coffee at home, if we want special flavored coffee we buy flavored creamer or davinci sugar free flavored syrups to use at home

View Full Size Image YVONNE

earthangel1967
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I check the local paper and online for local fun free and cheap activities and events in our city for dates and family activities

earthangel1967
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:17 PM

We love to go to the movie theatre but to save money we go to one of 2 second run theatres that cost only $1 to $3.50 a person

earthangel1967
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:18 PM

We buy store brand or generic products on things that don't really matter to us like paper towels for example.

allyn9
by Carey on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I don't buy coffee out and with lunches it's usually less than $10 a week spent eating out, and most lunches made with what is on hand at home.  Don't see saving much, as I am not spending much.  Maybe, eat out one week a month less than I do now, and I could save $10 a month.

JerseyGirl511
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:19 AM

I'm a SAHM so no money is being spent on coffee and lunches.

sasterns
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:32 PM

I generally don't eay out for lunch but I do get a coffee in the morning or a soda, so I am looking at roughly $1-$3 every morning.  I would spend between $100-$150 roughly!  Holy crap!  I never looked at it like that!

lynda0322
by New Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:56 PM

This is a hard one for me. I take lunch to work and where I work I do not have to buy coffee. But I need to start taking little snacks to work with me. I would save up to $128.00

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN