Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Smarter Seasonal Spending Challenge Day 5: Keep the Change

Posted by   + Show Post

Don't vacuum up those shiny coins this year! Scour the couches, raid the cars and collect those coins in a jar to supplement your holiday budget. Each time you get change back while shopping add it to your holiday jar. You'll be surprised by how much coins can add up! 

Do you have a change jar? How often do you add to it (and take from it!)?

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? You need to participate in at least 10 of the challenge posts for a chance to win the $50 gift card. Sign up here to join the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (61-70):
4kidz916
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:11 PM

I do have a change jar.  I put any loose change I find in there.  I usually only raid it when I need to give the kids lunch money and I don't have any cash on me. 

e.sugarbaby
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:17 PM
We used to fill it up quicker when I was working full time before kids....now it seems we use our debit card and I never have cash.

It fills up soo slow now.....when it gets to like $20...we deposit in the back.
Guga485
by New Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Yes I have a change jar, but I find myself taking from it quite a bit.

mommieof1b4g
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:56 PM

yes & it gets taken from more then added to lol :(. but we are starting to do better about not touching it unless we HAVE to

Vikki77
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:08 PM
I have a change jar but it rarely has anything in it, so I use the keep the change program with my debit card to save my change. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:22 PM
I have a change jar and I add to it every week. It's been robbed twice so I've started hiding it. I rarely take change out, only if I don't have Amy quarters and know I'll be parking at a meter.
shishie
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:29 PM

I have a change jar with some pennies in it. Otherwise I use whatever we have available to make it through the week.

jhelmke
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I have done change jar for years. I dump change once a week.   I usually cash it in about every 4 months. I have been able to pay for camps for my son.

i.heart.myboys
by Amber E on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:36 PM
I'm always finding change around and saving it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenni_Lynne71
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:37 PM
I have a big change jar that I keep change in. I'm a server so every bit of coins that I get as a tip I put in there and that is what we use as our christmas gift money. Or if during the year I miss work due to illness and we need $ that we missed out on w/ me being off, we would cash it in. We have $400 for christmas this year so far and I have change I need to roll and cash in yet to add to it PLUS what change I get is going towards christmas yetm we start fresh every January.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)