Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Seasonal Spending Challenge Day 7: Use Coupons & Shop Sales

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 94 Replies

Now that you've made list of what you need this holiday season, keep your eyes open for sales and coupons. Yes, there are often sales around the holidays, but start looking now.

Do you wait and buy most presents right before the holidays or do you shop all year long?

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? You need to participate in at least 10 of the challenge posts for a chance to win the $50 gift card. Sign up here to join the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto3isme
by Dawn on Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:18 AM
I always use coupons and shop sales and clearance.
momto3isme
by Dawn on Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:25 AM
I shop all year for presents.
michiganmom116
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:58 AM

I shop all year long and look for sales.

Amy127
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:04 AM
I shop all year long. I just scored a cute hoodie for $2.82 for my dd. If she didn't have the most gifts already, I would wrap it for Christmas. I bought their birthday presents in May when I seen what I planned on getting them on sale. Their birthdays were September and October. I would go broke if I didn't buy throughout the year with sales and clearance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ANR1390
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I wait until the holidays. I need to get more organized.

Princessofscots
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:22 AM

I would like to do more buying year round, find it difficult especially for my youngest, because she grows like a weed, and her interests vary.

I also run into the issue of, her BioFather, being Disney dad type, and just buying her the "fun stuff" when he feels like it.(Despite claiming he has no money to pay his Child Support) So its impossible to try to buy ahead, because then she already has it.

The older two are a little easier, and since my extended family is so large now, we only do Holiday cards.

anotherhalf
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:50 AM
I wait until the holidays. Im afraid if I shop year round what was a good gift in Feb may not be needed/wanted anymore come Dec.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReesesPieces
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I shop part of the year.  My boys change interest so often that I usually wait until October to start buying for them (although I save up all year).  The girls are easier because I know that they will forever be into Disney Princess and Tinkerbell things.  I can get their gifts early without much worry. 

ProudMomof5Boys
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:11 AM

i usually wait right before but this year i have been comparing and searching for coupons

batjmom
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:47 AM
I start shopping in the fall.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)