Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Smarter Seasonal Spending Challenge Day 7: Use Coupons & Shop Sales

Posted by   + Show Post

Now that you've made list of what you need this holiday season, keep your eyes open for sales and coupons. Yes, there are often sales around the holidays, but start looking now.

Do you wait and buy most presents right before the holidays or do you shop all year long?

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? You need to participate in at least 10 of the challenge posts for a chance to win the $50 gift card. Sign up here to join the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
AzariahsMother
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I shop a 3-4 weeks before Christmas.  I really should do it sooner, but I feel like I don't have a good place to store things.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I shop a few months in advance.

sasterns
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Unfortunately I do wait until a month or two before the holidays to buy gifts, even though I tell myself every year that I am going to shop throughout the year so that I am not overwhelmed at the last minute.  However, I am one of the crazies that goes out on Black Friday too!  Can't beat the sales and let me tell you, Kohls is one of main targets for black friday shopping!

Mommy4two
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I shop yearly, I may buy a bulk of my items right before Christmas starting in Nov. but I do shop and look year round...

SassyLeigh
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:01 PM
We usually wait and say every year we need to start sooner
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I shop year round, hit clearance sales and use coupons. I picked up a lot of the kids stocking stuffers after christmas last year

onlygirl3
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I would like to be able to shop all year but the boys change their minds so much I don't think I could keep up. lol And this year has been up tight with the money so I will be getting gifts hopefully soon.

natesmom1228
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:06 PM

I shop all year long. I also use layaway. It would drive me crazy if I had to wait until the last minute.

PEEK05
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I shop when fall comes around.

Flaca43
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:18 PM

I do try to shop before the holiday season. I am starting now and hope to get some great deals throughout the next few months. If I see something good on sale, I will get it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN