Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Smarter Seasonal Spending Challenge Day 7: Use Coupons & Shop Sales

Posted by   + Show Post

Now that you've made list of what you need this holiday season, keep your eyes open for sales and coupons. Yes, there are often sales around the holidays, but start looking now.

Do you wait and buy most presents right before the holidays or do you shop all year long?

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? You need to participate in at least 10 of the challenge posts for a chance to win the $50 gift card. Sign up here to join the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
tabby1979
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:28 PM

depends if I find things ahead of time or not...

ZoeCY
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I usually have started shopping in July, however this year I don't have anything yet- not even any ideas!!  I am starting to panic! haha

sweetsurprise13
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:30 PM

i buy during the year at 70 percent or sometimes 50 percent clearance sales, and I always shop the sales and use coupons.

astridnermal
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:34 PM
I wait until the holidays but plan starting in the fall.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XVAmomma
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:42 PM
shop all yr round coupon policies in PR are quite different than in most of the Continental USA so couponing in PR is almost a waste of time and money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shopsha0911
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I use to buy christmas presents early but the deals are so much better now as you get closer to christmas. 

LS1030
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:48 PM
I'll start thinking about it a few months prior, but won't do most of the shopping until December.

unicornnymph22
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:49 PM
I usually wait till the last minute. This year I got a head start, I started in July! I am keeping an eye out for sales and coupons and such.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
campingmomof4
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:54 PM

I make a list and shop sales and also shop on line to get the lowest price possible. 

suziejax
by Suzie on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:56 PM

sometimes all year but this year I did not because I will be making most gifts

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)