Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Smarter Seasonal Spending Challenge Day 8: Save on Stamps

Posted by   + Show Post

Does your family send out holiday cards? Take time to go through the list of everyone you send them to. When's the last time you updated that list? If you're really looking to save, consider an e-card this year or send an email with a family update and photos. If you really want to send out cards, buy a book of stamps each week from now until the holidays to spread out the cost. 

Do you send holiday cards? How much do you spend on it each year?

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? You need to participate in at least 10 of the challenge posts for a chance to win the $50 gift card. Sign up here to join the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
othermom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I do send cards, maybe spend $10 because of stamps. I get cards on clearance after christmas

clowry02
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I always send cards and update every year I make handmade cards

cjsmom1
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:51 AM
I never send out cards.
bertie4
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I send very few cards in mail. We have bags we put them in for church friends at church. I send maybe 5 in mail.

Princessofscots
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:53 AM

This is going to be my family's first Christmas AS a complete family. My husband and I were married in April. So we will most definately be doing the photo cards and family letter.

It may be cheesy, but I have a 1940's stepford that lives in my head, and things like this become almost obsessively important.

HOWEVER, our list is small, so the expense shouldn't be too big.

My Husband and I are both photographer types, so we will do the photos ourselves...and I found a coupon code on another blog for cheap photo cards.

sasterns
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I haven't sent any holiday cards in a few years.  I used to but they are just too damn expensive!  When I can afford it I will start sending them again probably.

I just love those cards that you get made with your kids pictures.

bcorbitt0901
by New Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:57 AM
I have never sent holiday cards always wanted to though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mpachan
by New Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I try to hand deliver as may cards as possible.

PEEK05
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:58 AM

No I don't.  I find most people toss them after the holidays anyway, so I just take a family photo and upload it to Facebook.

Flaca43
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:59 AM

We do send out holiday cards to family and friends. We spend about $12 on cards and stamps I think. Not bad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)