Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Smarter Seasonal Spending Challenge Day 8: Save on Stamps

Posted by   + Show Post

Does your family send out holiday cards? Take time to go through the list of everyone you send them to. When's the last time you updated that list? If you're really looking to save, consider an e-card this year or send an email with a family update and photos. If you really want to send out cards, buy a book of stamps each week from now until the holidays to spread out the cost. 

Do you send holiday cards? How much do you spend on it each year?

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? You need to participate in at least 10 of the challenge posts for a chance to win the $50 gift card. Sign up here to join the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
Shopsha0911
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:01 AM

We spend about $40 and I really don't think that's too bad. We enjoy receiving the cards from friends and family as much as we like to send them out. 

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:01 AM

No, I dont send cards anymore.

natesmom1228
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Yes, I send holiday cards. I don't mind spending the money on stamps. I am not a fan of ecards, I think they are too impersonal.

ANR1390
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Last year we did. I took a pic of my kids and put it on construction paper and printed out a cute saying about family. And gave them out at Christmas. I didn't send them because I didn't want to crease them. I think I spent about $5 for the pics. I already had the paper and just had to print out the saying at home.

Greekmama21
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:04 AM

We send a few out to close friends and family with a few photos of the girls. 

4kidz916
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I only send a few holiday cards since postage costs so much.

ashleymosq
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Every one that we don't leave near we usually call them. We are not really into sending cards lol.

ReesesPieces
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:19 AM
We send out Christmas cards, but only to family members like aunts, uncles, and close cousins. That's it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabby1979
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:26 AM

i mail them, not sure depends on how many people give me their updated addresses.

5forjulie
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:32 AM

yes we do send holiday pictures ...its a way to show off the family and fairly cheap 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)