Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Smarter Seasonal Spending Challenge Day 8: Save on Stamps

Posted by   + Show Post

Does your family send out holiday cards? Take time to go through the list of everyone you send them to. When's the last time you updated that list? If you're really looking to save, consider an e-card this year or send an email with a family update and photos. If you really want to send out cards, buy a book of stamps each week from now until the holidays to spread out the cost. 

Do you send holiday cards? How much do you spend on it each year?

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? You need to participate in at least 10 of the challenge posts for a chance to win the $50 gift card. Sign up here to join the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
jamiegraham
by Jamie on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I send them once a yr , I send ecards to my friends on the internet

batjmom
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I do send Christmas cards.  I spend around 30.00. 

erienne06
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Yes i do! This year I'm sending out 13. It will cost me about $11 including stamps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:02 PM

When the 5 kids were growing up even into their teens we took a very creative fun photo or did something else creative and made our own cards (not necessarily any cheaper but more personal and more us) and I am not adding it up in my head now but I remember it was a real investment each year for all the card stock and decorating supplies and then stamps for approx 40-50 people every year.

Over the years I noticed less and less people exchanged paper cards thru the mail and so once the kids all moved out we just stopped sending them. Saves a lot of money too!

View Full Size Image YVONNE

earthangel1967
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:03 PM

wreathtyping

Now that the kids are grown up and we stopped sending out paper greeting cards for the holidays I just post something on loved ones facebook pages and/or send them ecards by email.  That's free

View Full Size Image YVONNE

ZoeCY
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:13 PM

We don't tend to send out cards but we may this year because we will be moving and want people to have our new address so we could kill two birds with one stone.  

MamarazziTo2
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I only send cards to relatives we're close with. I always order cards with a picture/pictures of my children on them from Shutterfly. All of our family lives in different states so they never see our kids. I always use as many coupon codes as I can when I order them. Not sure how much I spend though.

AzariahsMother
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Yes, we send holiday cards.  It changes from year to year.  Plus it depends on if I make them, buy them, or do the photo cards.   

onlygirl3
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:21 PM

I don't send christmas cards. The kids usually draw cards for the grandparents and we give them to them when we see them.

unicornnymph22
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:25 PM
We do the e-cards, so much easier!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement