Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Smarter Seasonal Spending Challenge Day 8: Save on Stamps

Posted by   + Show Post

Does your family send out holiday cards? Take time to go through the list of everyone you send them to. When's the last time you updated that list? If you're really looking to save, consider an e-card this year or send an email with a family update and photos. If you really want to send out cards, buy a book of stamps each week from now until the holidays to spread out the cost. 

Do you send holiday cards? How much do you spend on it each year?

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? You need to participate in at least 10 of the challenge posts for a chance to win the $50 gift card. Sign up here to join the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-50):
MomOf2Girlies90
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I only do cards to people I will see and hand deliver 

LS1030
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this
We started sending photo cards last year and will definitely do them from now on now that we have a child.

mommieof1b4g
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:05 PM

i dont. i always mean to but i forget & dont get addresses

XVAmomma
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:31 PM
We don't send out cards anymore we do send out e-mails and ask those close to the elderly in the family to print out and give the email to them.

Another thing we have done is use Walgreens service to create a card with fam pic then send it to the nearest location to our family members away. They then go to the store and receive it. Make sure you pay for it and let your family member know they are ready. I know that way you can't actually handwrite on them but you can personalize each and it is less expensive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoyJoy
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:38 PM
i dont send out cards
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suziejax
by Suzie on Oct. 17, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I do send  Some cards. I used to spend way to much now I have my list very small on purpose!

suziejax
by Suzie on Oct. 17, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Cards are so much fun to get !

Bob192
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 2:41 PM

We send out holiday photo cards of the kids.  We take the picture and design the card ourselves, so it usually runs about $30.

Angie_O
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 2:45 PM

we do not send holiday cards

ProudMomof5Boys
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Only for xmas send holiday cards and only send to people who send to us which keep it cheap
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN