Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home
What are your money saving goals and how do you go about reaching them?

I've already got my bills figured out and the extra cash i'm gonna put away for christmas (dec shopping yay).

Currently I have $25 in my pocket which i'm going to put into my daughters account so I don't use it.

I'll take out a lil extra $30-40 for household things(tp bleach shampoo conditioner ect)and that'll be it.

I need to come up with a budget
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 4:17 AM
Replies (11-19):
mommy_2_be_2010
by Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:32 AM
Can someone explain what swagbucks are?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lemonade1
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 7:56 AM

I have a spreadsheet and also have money put straight into a savings account at beginning of month that I use in January sales to pick up loads of bargains for gifts all thru the year.  U pick stuff up at 75% off this way.  I also use coupons like crazy tho over here in UK we do not have the amount of coupons u ladies have over in the US.  I also Ebay stuff we have grown out of, u would be surprised the stuff u can sell.  It's a struggle being a divorced mum with a disabled child so I make my money stretch as much as I can. I also buy things thru cashback sites and switch my utilities, insurances etc regularly if it will save money.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:09 AM

This is my goal also. I would like to have the last bit of Christmas shopping done this month.

Quoting michiganmom116:

My goal is to get a large amount of Christmas gifts purchased as/if we have extra money.

907PickleMom
by Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:43 PM
I am in Alaska so we get the PFD. I am using it to pay down/off some debt. Also spending less on groceries.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by Amber E on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:30 PM
This is a good idea.

Quoting lullabylily:

Right now, my goal is to write down every single cent that I spent in cash. I already have a fixed monthly budget to follow but sometimes if I'm lucky I would find some balance that I could use to pay for some extra treat. I already put aside 10% of our income for saving
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I want to put a little extra in the bank for saving. Cut back a little on spending

paige8608
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 2:28 PM

I'm a single, full-time working mom of 1. I am on a tight budget! I get paid tomorrow & all the $ I had from my last check is gone...I had enough $ to fill up my tank and buy some milk. Rent is due on the 1st and I still have water, daycare, and other expenses. I know that I will have to ask my mother for money. I hate doing that, but I know that she does not have a problem helping me out when I really need it.

I had to stop and ask myself, "Where does all my $ go?!" So I got my checkbook out and put starts next  to things that I know I truly didn't need. I then totaled that up & I found about $80 that I could have. That made me kind sick. I'm also bad about not writing down every purchase & I have to check my account before I buy something. So I know that logging my expenses will help me better manage my money. Another thing that I do it PAY MYSELF FIRST. We write checks for bills, etc...but I always set aside $20-50 for my savings account for backup $, emergencies, or just to have in my savings. I've had some unexpected expenses this month & I was able to dip into savings for extra money. You never know what can come up & I was glad to have that backup money! A lot of my $ is taken out of my check for taxes, dental, health, etc....so sometimes, if I can help it, I try to sneak in some extra time at work so that my checks are a little bit more. Sometimes I am exhausted & just want to go home, but I know that it pays off when I get my check & see a few extra dollars on there. 

lullabylily
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 6:51 PM

This exactly why my goal right now is to write down every single cent that I spent in cash so that I can monitor and review my spending every week.  When it's written down, then I will know things like a full tank on my car will actually lasted for 8-9 days and that I just find out that I spend 4$ extra on vending machine snacks that I dont really need, a trip to the drung store for a Nyquil ends up with extra, etc.

Quoting paige8608:

I'm a single, full-time working mom of 1. I am on a tight budget! I get paid tomorrow & all the $ I had from my last check is gone...I had enough $ to fill up my tank and buy some milk. Rent is due on the 1st and I still have water, daycare, and other expenses. I know that I will have to ask my mother for money. I hate doing that, but I know that she does not have a problem helping me out when I really need it.

I had to stop and ask myself, "Where does all my $ go?!" So I got my checkbook out and put starts next  to things that I know I truly didn't need. I then totaled that up & I found about $80 that I could have. That made me kind sick. I'm also bad about not writing down every purchase & I have to check my account before I buy something. So I know that logging my expenses will help me better manage my money. Another thing that I do it PAY MYSELF FIRST. We write checks for bills, etc...but I always set aside $20-50 for my savings account for backup $, emergencies, or just to have in my savings. I've had some unexpected expenses this month & I was able to dip into savings for extra money. You never know what can come up & I was glad to have that backup money! A lot of my $ is taken out of my check for taxes, dental, health, etc....so sometimes, if I can help it, I try to sneak in some extra time at work so that my checks are a little bit more. Sometimes I am exhausted & just want to go home, but I know that it pays off when I get my check & see a few extra dollars on there. 

bcorbitt0901
by New Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 11:13 PM
I need to come up with a means of income. I am apart time student and homemaker right now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN