Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

credit card question please help

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:53 PM
  • 17 Replies
Okay I normally dont use credit cards and horrible at math. I got an offer in the mail today that says 0% introductory APR for 15 months. After that, your APR will be a variable rate, currently 17.25. What exactly does this mean? Does it mean I won't have interest for 15 months even if I only pay the minimum balance?
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amy127
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes but if you even have a small balance they will charge you interest on the entire balance for the introductory period.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thedathree
by Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Quoting Amy127:

Yes but if you even have a small balance they will charge you interest on the entire balance for the introductory period.

Do u think ill have minimum payments? I need to get new upholstery for my sons wheelchair that's about 325$ I'm wondering about how much id have to pay min per month? some months I might be able to do more but I'm just living check to check so don't want to do it if I incure a lot of interest or can't make monthly minimum payments.
Amy127
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Yes they will send u a monthly bill with a minimum due. They just won't be adding interest to your balance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermario4ever
by Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Yes that is what it means but if you read the small print you have to have like perfect credit to get that deal.
thedathree
by Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 6:58 AM
Quoting ambermario4ever:

Yes that is what it means but if you read the small print you have to have like perfect credit to get that deal.

yeah somwhow I have great credit but.dont use cards very often bc I am very low income and know that just bc I have X amount for a.credit.limit doesn't mean ill ever be able.to.pay back. I wonder how.they determine the minimum payments per month? I hate calling the number to ask.
ambermario4ever
by Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Quoting thedathree:

Wel if you have had loans or other cards before and always paid them on time and or paid them off you would have good credit. My on the other hand ki have never had a loan or credit card so I do not have any credit at all and now that I am 25 I can't get a card because of it.

toddler girl                         toddler boy

Sarah                                           Luciano

(10-16-06)                                  (11-27-08)

kjbugsmom1517
by Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Thats an ok deal. Gives u 15 months interest free. The min due depends on what u get approved for. Our highest payment is 40 dollars on a 1500 credit limit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moogsmom03
by Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Typically your minimum payment is 2% of the balance on your card. So, if you had a $1000 balance you'd pay $20/month. 

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Sorry not much help but bump.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)