Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Time for A Budget Check!

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 44 Replies

To say we are busy is an understatement. Getting the kids to school, doing housework, doing work-work (no matter how you define it), coming up with Halloween costumes, cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner, soccer games, ballet class, let alone those unexpected moments, like when the Cedric the frog has tadpoles and you need to get another tank for them. And have we mentioned sleep?

Right, the list never ends...so don't hate me when I ask this question: when was the last time you looked at your budget? I know, I know, but hear me out. Every month or so, taking a half hour and looking over your budget, to make sure it is working that you are staying on target, refreshing in your mind what it is all about, is essential to your overall financial plan. If you find out, hey, I'm going over in this grocery area or if you see that you can actually put more toward paying down that credit card debt, checking in on that budget is a key thing to spend a little time on...now finding that time is always the tough part, right?

Put it on the calendar...look ahead on pen it in (or input it to your Google calendar or iCal). Maybe you have to get up a little early on Saturday or stay up later one night during the week, but find some undivided time to look it over and make sure it's working for you.

When was the last time you checked out your budget? Is it working for you or did you have to tweak it a bit? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/blackred   

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I havent reviewed my budget in a while. It is about time I did, sometimes it is just so hard to think about!

michiganmom116
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:18 AM

I last checked it in August...but I like to do it every month.  So, I'm a month or two behind.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:19 AM

Yesterday actually. We need to tweak it a tiny bit.

AzariahsMother
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Funny thing is I just looked at my bank today and have less then what I thought I would so first thing that came to mind is redoing my budget, so I will be working on this tonight and seeing what I come up with.

suziejax
by Suzie on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:01 AM

This month! :)

suziejax
by Suzie on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I tweek it sometimes and check it monthly

Amy127
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:43 AM
I check it monthly as it varies based on dh 's checks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sukainah
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:17 PM

My budget could definitely use some tweaking!

natesmom1228
by Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:20 PM

We sit down and go through our budget every payday. We talk about the bills that we are going to pay, how much we are going to spend on groceries, and what activities we are going to be able to do over the weekends. Hubby gets paid every week and I get paid every other week. I also have a layaway that needs to be figured in.

tayanddyl
by Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:35 PM

as sad as it is, i don't budget ... I'm trying to see a financial advisor to help me get on track

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)