Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

To say we are busy is an understatement. Getting the kids to school, doing housework, doing work-work (no matter how you define it), coming up with Halloween costumes, cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner, soccer games, ballet class, let alone those unexpected moments, like when the Cedric the frog has tadpoles and you need to get another tank for them. And have we mentioned sleep?

Right, the list never ends...so don't hate me when I ask this question: when was the last time you looked at your budget? I know, I know, but hear me out. Every month or so, taking a half hour and looking over your budget, to make sure it is working that you are staying on target, refreshing in your mind what it is all about, is essential to your overall financial plan. If you find out, hey, I'm going over in this grocery area or if you see that you can actually put more toward paying down that credit card debt, checking in on that budget is a key thing to spend a little time on...now finding that time is always the tough part, right?

Put it on the calendar...look ahead on pen it in (or input it to your Google calendar or iCal). Maybe you have to get up a little early on Saturday or stay up later one night during the week, but find some undivided time to look it over and make sure it's working for you.

When was the last time you checked out your budget? Is it working for you or did you have to tweak it a bit? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/blackred   

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
saraface5383
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:44 PM

we dont budget much, only when we want something big.

daerca574
by Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:55 PM

I am always having to tweak our budget!

jessicasmom1
by Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:01 PM

sure did I have spent nothing this month

Leelee1008
by Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:06 PM

our budget sucks. we really dont have enough coming in to make it. I am in search of a job now.

KaylaMillar
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:08 PM

we went over it on saturday

goddess99
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I look over our budget plan every time we pay bills, which is every weekend. Everything is fine so far. We've been fine tuning our budget for years.

MDWife12
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I check my budget pretty regularly - it really isn't that hard to keep track of since I have everything written down in a notebook with what is coming in and what is going out :)

Rushn311
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I could tweak my shopping and that would help

MamaMandee
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Im about due to look it over, especially with the holidays coming up. 

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Oct. 2, 2012 at 4:29 PM

check it every time i pay bills.. so far it is working... little tweaks here and there because of unexpected stuff but nothing big.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)