Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Facebook is testing a new product in the US that allows ordinary users to pay to promote their own status updates, marking a shift in the social network’s willingness to charge its users for a core service:http://on.ft.com/VktFDb

Would you pay to promote your status updates? What do you make of Facebook's plan?

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:16 AM
Replies (11-20):
momto3isme
by Dawn on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:32 PM

No if I had to start paying to use Facebook I wouldn't continue to use it. 

KLove_Mom
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:35 PM

This sounds to me like it's geared toward business and fan pages... personal FB accounts wouldn't really care to "promote" their updates. But if I'm an actress, or Money Saving Mom... I might do it to get more fans.

I'd never pay... and just for the record... FB states in their FAQ section that they "WILL NEVER CHARGE FOR GENERAL USE"

cjsmom1
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:47 PM

If I had a business I would. It could be a huge advertisement for many companies.

sparkyco2
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:51 AM

no i wouldn't pay for anything facebook...... i have an account and almost never use it, i think it is well i don't know..... i just hate to go on there to find out that so and so is fighting or eating this or that it is stupid that site.  now most of my friends/family are using their facebook email which sucks i am seriously thinking about closing my account.

countrymomma81
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Nope. Besides posting pictures every once in a while I rarely update my status anyway. 

deedee3849
by Deanne on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:07 PM

I am not on facebook but I can't see paying for anything on it.

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:56 PM
well that will be the day. I will not pay a penny to post or do anything on facebook.. i hardly even get in there anymore.. its boring. I rather be on cafemom :)
allyn9
by Carey on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:29 AM

I would not pay.  I like Facebook, but not enough to pay for anything it offers.

aidansmommy219
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Nope.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CameronsMommy23
by Amber on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:26 PM
I'd delete it if they start charging. F that! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN