Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

One place that gets overlooked in the décor department is the bathroom. Why? I'm not sure, as we all go in there a lot, spend a fair amount of minutes (perhaps hours?) every day. Sure, re-decorating isn't the first thing that pops into mind when you think of the bathroom, but it's an easy place to get your decorating groove on for not much money.

-- Get some bold colors. We always think of lighter colors when we think of the bathroom, perhaps because they are usually small-ish spaces, but that is a mistake! Grab a bold shower curtain, like this navy one and match it up with some bold blue and white accessories or even another color like yellow or aqua.

-- Go 3D. Often the only texture in the bathroom is the waffle-weave shower curtain or terry cloth towels. Check out this shower curtain that comes in a variety of colors: it has a 3D effect with the attached cutout leaves. A statement for sure. Match it with sleek brushed metal accessories like these from Target.

-- Bring in cool artwork. I have a huge typography poster in my bathroom that says "Today is the day." I got it from Etsy on from thebigharumph. Or use the artwork on these bath sink items. Use the branch and bird motif throughout with beiges and aqua towels and curtains.

-- Create a spa. If you love the clean look of those chic spas, go all white with a splash of natural materials. These bamboo accessories will help complete that Zen vibe.

What is your bathroom decor like? Do you want to redo it? 

©iStockphoto.com/ValentijnTempels

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
sukainah
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Our bathroom needs some help.  We have a monkey theme in there but some of the decorations have been broken.  I want to redo it or fix the decoration

timon95
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:39 AM
The kids bathroom has a Nemo theme and we have a fish tank hanging on the wall with a real fish inside. Our bathroom in the master bedroom has been repainted, new curtain abd fixtures. Just need to tile around the tub.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yvonne37
by Yvonne on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:12 AM

its minimalist and white with blue/gray.  I do want to redo most of it. I changed the toilet and vanity from pink :P yuck.. to white ones and tiled the floor white too (bad idea) I want to redo it in another tile. I decorate according to the season :)

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:22 AM

It is a basic light green and white.  It is ok for now.

lalasmama2007
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:42 AM
We are in the process of starting to redo our bathroom now. It's very neutral at the moment. I want to add some color in there.
aneela
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:49 AM

yes we dont really have one right now ha ha...so i would love to do something nice with it....my son likes green...but i would not want frogs ha ha

suziejax
by Suzie on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I just re did mine. For some reason I decorate the bath room a lot lol I do however want to redo the floor again 

KaylaMillar
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:19 AM
We desperately need to re do our bathroom decor!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I like very classic and traditional design so I don't do bathroom themes.

Bob192
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:27 AM

It has been the same for twelve years, I really need to redo it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)