Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

One place that gets overlooked in the décor department is the bathroom. Why? I'm not sure, as we all go in there a lot, spend a fair amount of minutes (perhaps hours?) every day. Sure, re-decorating isn't the first thing that pops into mind when you think of the bathroom, but it's an easy place to get your decorating groove on for not much money.

-- Get some bold colors. We always think of lighter colors when we think of the bathroom, perhaps because they are usually small-ish spaces, but that is a mistake! Grab a bold shower curtain, like this navy one and match it up with some bold blue and white accessories or even another color like yellow or aqua.

-- Go 3D. Often the only texture in the bathroom is the waffle-weave shower curtain or terry cloth towels. Check out this shower curtain that comes in a variety of colors: it has a 3D effect with the attached cutout leaves. A statement for sure. Match it with sleek brushed metal accessories like these from Target.

-- Bring in cool artwork. I have a huge typography poster in my bathroom that says "Today is the day." I got it from Etsy on from thebigharumph. Or use the artwork on these bath sink items. Use the branch and bird motif throughout with beiges and aqua towels and curtains.

-- Create a spa. If you love the clean look of those chic spas, go all white with a splash of natural materials. These bamboo accessories will help complete that Zen vibe.

What is your bathroom decor like? Do you want to redo it? 

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Our bathroom is currently torn apart, so this is perfect timing for me to read this post. 

We have picked a bold purple color and white for the bathroom. Im trying to find the perfect shower curtain, and I LOVED the example above. Hopefully I can find something just as nice. 

by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I love blues and greens together in a bathroom. 

Quoting michiganmom116:

My bathroom is pretty small and I totally remodeled it 6 years ago.  What a job!  I have no desire to redo the decor in there.  It's light, bright, with blue & green. 

by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Wow.. this sounds so nice. Do you have any pictures? 

Quoting ReesesPieces:

My half bath is chocolate brown with lime green hand towels, and a 3 small canvas squares covered with some patterned fabric, and a long rectangle canvas covered with coordinating fabric (all in lime green, white, and chocolate). Total cost was a 1/2 gallon of paint, 1.5 yards of fabric (with plenty left over) and the canvases that I bought on sale for 50% off.

by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Ours is done in neutral beach theme I like to think of Florida everyday 

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Our smaller bathroom has a fishing/duck theme ...but not childish or cartoon like. Our larger bathroom has a light house theme but we are currently redoing it ... slowly as we can afford to. 

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:39 PM

ours is very plain its light purple with a matching shower curtain with flowers on it and all matching accessories

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:08 PM

We remodeled our bathroom and it really was not that expensive. In fact we had a garage sale and used the money from the sale to remodel the bathroom! We had to add a few hundred dollars our of our savings but it was worth it.

My parents gave us vinyl flooring, we painted, put in new light fixtures, a vanity top and base, large mirror, toilet and over the toilet medicine cabinet for around $800. Almost all of the stuff was from Lowe's and was not generic, it looks really nice!

by Dawn on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I would love to update ours but can't afford to right now. 

by Jessica on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:03 PM

i dont have much of a bathroom decor :)

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

we just redid it last year. Its a beach/flip flop scene. I LOVE IT

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN