Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

One place that gets overlooked in the décor department is the bathroom. Why? I'm not sure, as we all go in there a lot, spend a fair amount of minutes (perhaps hours?) every day. Sure, re-decorating isn't the first thing that pops into mind when you think of the bathroom, but it's an easy place to get your decorating groove on for not much money.

-- Get some bold colors. We always think of lighter colors when we think of the bathroom, perhaps because they are usually small-ish spaces, but that is a mistake! Grab a bold shower curtain, like this navy one and match it up with some bold blue and white accessories or even another color like yellow or aqua.

-- Go 3D. Often the only texture in the bathroom is the waffle-weave shower curtain or terry cloth towels. Check out this shower curtain that comes in a variety of colors: it has a 3D effect with the attached cutout leaves. A statement for sure. Match it with sleek brushed metal accessories like these from Target.

-- Bring in cool artwork. I have a huge typography poster in my bathroom that says "Today is the day." I got it from Etsy on from thebigharumph. Or use the artwork on these bath sink items. Use the branch and bird motif throughout with beiges and aqua towels and curtains.

-- Create a spa. If you love the clean look of those chic spas, go all white with a splash of natural materials. These bamboo accessories will help complete that Zen vibe.

What is your bathroom decor like? Do you want to redo it? 

©iStockphoto.com/ValentijnTempels

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
KristinRox
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Our bathroom is currently torn apart, so this is perfect timing for me to read this post. 

We have picked a bold purple color and white for the bathroom. Im trying to find the perfect shower curtain, and I LOVED the example above. Hopefully I can find something just as nice. 

KristinRox
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I love blues and greens together in a bathroom. 

Quoting michiganmom116:

My bathroom is pretty small and I totally remodeled it 6 years ago.  What a job!  I have no desire to redo the decor in there.  It's light, bright, with blue & green. 

JOIN US ON:

KristinRox
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Wow.. this sounds so nice. Do you have any pictures? 

Quoting ReesesPieces:

My half bath is chocolate brown with lime green hand towels, and a 3 small canvas squares covered with some patterned fabric, and a long rectangle canvas covered with coordinating fabric (all in lime green, white, and chocolate). Total cost was a 1/2 gallon of paint, 1.5 yards of fabric (with plenty left over) and the canvases that I bought on sale for 50% off.

JOIN US ON:

jessicasmom1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Ours is done in neutral beach theme I like to think of Florida everyday 

MamaMandee
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Our smaller bathroom has a fishing/duck theme ...but not childish or cartoon like. Our larger bathroom has a light house theme but we are currently redoing it ... slowly as we can afford to. 

Stevensmomma
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:39 PM

ours is very plain its light purple with a matching shower curtain with flowers on it and all matching accessories

deedee3849
by Deanne on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:08 PM

We remodeled our bathroom and it really was not that expensive. In fact we had a garage sale and used the money from the sale to remodel the bathroom! We had to add a few hundred dollars our of our savings but it was worth it.

My parents gave us vinyl flooring, we painted, put in new light fixtures, a vanity top and base, large mirror, toilet and over the toilet medicine cabinet for around $800. Almost all of the stuff was from Lowe's and was not generic, it looks really nice!

momto3isme
by Dawn on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I would love to update ours but can't afford to right now. 

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:03 PM

i dont have much of a bathroom decor :)

TheBabyFactory4
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

we just redid it last year. Its a beach/flip flop scene. I LOVE IT

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN