Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

One place that gets overlooked in the décor department is the bathroom. Why? I'm not sure, as we all go in there a lot, spend a fair amount of minutes (perhaps hours?) every day. Sure, re-decorating isn't the first thing that pops into mind when you think of the bathroom, but it's an easy place to get your decorating groove on for not much money.

-- Get some bold colors. We always think of lighter colors when we think of the bathroom, perhaps because they are usually small-ish spaces, but that is a mistake! Grab a bold shower curtain, like this navy one and match it up with some bold blue and white accessories or even another color like yellow or aqua.

-- Go 3D. Often the only texture in the bathroom is the waffle-weave shower curtain or terry cloth towels. Check out this shower curtain that comes in a variety of colors: it has a 3D effect with the attached cutout leaves. A statement for sure. Match it with sleek brushed metal accessories like these from Target.

-- Bring in cool artwork. I have a huge typography poster in my bathroom that says "Today is the day." I got it from Etsy on from thebigharumph. Or use the artwork on these bath sink items. Use the branch and bird motif throughout with beiges and aqua towels and curtains.

-- Create a spa. If you love the clean look of those chic spas, go all white with a splash of natural materials. These bamboo accessories will help complete that Zen vibe.

What is your bathroom decor like? Do you want to redo it? 

©iStockphoto.com/ValentijnTempels

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-37):
e.sugarbaby
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Just bought some paint to freshing it up...but it's the floor that drives me nuts....it's a long narrow bath and I don't think it would take much to redo it.....just don't know what to do....

Any suggestions for a new floor over top of a ollllllllldddddd tile floor from the 50's!!!??
CameronsMommy23
by Amber on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:28 AM
I redo ours here and there. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by Amber E on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Mine works together BUT when we move into a house with more room hope to do so much more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3mom627
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I like our downstairs bathroom and I do decorate my bathroom. We are going to redo the upstairs one. I was thinking of chocolate brown shower curtain, towels and rugs. We are just going to paint the cabinets and I picked out basic white. I was thinking of doing the walls in beige. I picked out the paint samples, now all I have to do is wait for DH to decide to paint it.

3MOM627

have a nice day

Jenni_Lynne71
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Mine is white walls with an aqua colored rug, and shower curtain with bright green frogs and lily pads; and bright red flowers and fish on it. I am slowly buying decorative frog items for in there also. I have a very small flower pot with a frogs clinging to side of it as a toothbrush holder.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidansmommy219
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:55 AM
My bathroom is extremely small but I've decorated it in a beach theme.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allyn9
by Carey on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Have 2 powder rooms, both very different - one near laundry room is wide yellow and green stripes, with a thinner white stripe between and coordinating "stuff" on walls and in towel colors; second in near entry hall off living room area and is done in with walls faux finished in beiges, and golds on a creamy background, with a wall paper boarder about a foot below the celing and celing painted cream.  Vanity is cream with a black and cream marble sink and surround, and accents are promarily black, and beige.   Main bathroom is white and aqua, and has an aqua wallpaper I really don't like, but hesitate to change because of the time involved. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN