Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Thursday Thrifty Throwdown: Holiday Countdown! 8 Weeks!

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 35 Replies

It's week 8 folks! 8! Like the number of reindeer on Santa's sleigh (not counting Rudolph, of course).  Santa has it good...folks write him letters and the elves make what people want, and then he delivers it. No hunting for the right sweater, no searching for the free shipping or the best price...all of those things that takes time (and sometimes extra money) for us as we wear our Santa hats.

One of the keys to Santa's success starts way away from the North Pole - in homes all across the globe. With those "Dear Santa, please bring me a yellow stuffed cat and a bag of beads." Letters that tell him exactly what folks want. That's why, this week, I'm suggesting all of us be kind to those that may be playing Santa in our lives. Our sisters, moms, dads, significant others, BFFs that all will be searching for that certain gift for us - or our kids.

Start that list and give them a little head's up on what would make you beam Christmas morning or on Night #1 of Hanukkah. Even if it is just a small list now (you know you've already thought of a few things you want). Send them a list, update a wish list on Amazon or other sites, let them have the luxury of time in getting those presents. Time to search around for the right price and not pay for extra shipping...all of it adds up, and is a great pre-holiday gift. 

So, what do you want for Christmas? What about the kids??

©iStockphoto.com/RichHobson

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:28 AM

Gosh, i think I want a breadmaker, and Joey is getting a train table!

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:12 AM

I made a Christmas wish list WEEKS ago!  My personal wish list is very simple and I have it on Amazon.  The kids have simple lists too:  money, phone cards, DD wants a video/CDs/anything 1 Direction, one DS asked for a Smart Labs human anatomy model and an ant farm (I doubt he'll get the ant farm...we have enough "pets").

4kidz916
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't really want anything for Christmas.  I just enjoy seeing my kids get their gifts.  They have all made lists.  My older daughters want clothes, my son wants some basketball gear, my youngest keeps changing her mind. 

daerca574
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:06 AM

I need some new perfume! mine is almost empty!

erienne06
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:35 AM
I want a new case for my digital camera, purse, sweaters/hoodies, and earrings. We got Lani the Little People princess castle and airplane, animal train track, and books. She'll be 11 months at Christmas :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReesesPieces
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't want anything. The two years we excanged gifts didn't go well - he got golf clubs one year and I got how to speak mandarin chinese software. Last year he got all 9 Seinfeld box sets (he's a huge fan) and I got some super ugly granny slippers, tacky nail polish (green and pukey purple), a box of gum, and some fluffy socks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I would like an Ipad, and that's really all that's on my list. 

AzariahsMother
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:17 AM

DD has said she would clothes pretty much and a pair of boots, so I think this year will be simple. 

goddess99
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I want some new baking pans.

My dd wants American Girl Doll stuff: glasses, outfits.

elasmimi
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Things are tough this year, I won't be getting anything. Everything will be for the little ones. But that's the best part anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement