Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grocery Bills

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:12 PM
  • 17 Replies

How much do you normally spend on groceries every week? How many people are in your family?

baby
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:30 PM

I've been averaging $65 to $80 a week for a family of 2 adults, 2 teen boys (they eat more than we do!) and a 12 yr old girl.

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Quoting michiganmom116:

I've been averaging $65 to $80 a week for a family of 2 adults, 2 teen boys (they eat more than we do!) and a 12 yr old girl.

wow. thats pretty good for five people!

baby
michiganmom116
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Quoting jbyrd898:

Quoting michiganmom116:

wow. thats pretty good for five people!

...and we eat grain and dairy free! 

Rhonda

luvhubandbabys
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:40 PM
100 week. But we never eat out. 4 ppl plus one cooking
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaedynmoon
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:45 PM

We are a family of 3 and cut our budget to $80 a week.  I've been doing pretty dang good while keeping it fresh and healthy :)

Larisa72
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:57 PM

since I meal plan and use coupons and re-use leftovers as different meals, I've cut it down from $250/week (scary, huh) to about $40/week for a family of 4 (47, 39, 12, and 9)....I usually do a major shopping trip every 3 months or so and that runs around $400, but it includes everything for dinners, lunches, the animals, paper products....I still think I could do better, and hubby and i have been talking about making a lot more things from scratch and freezing them (like lasagna and such)

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Quoting Larisa72:

since I meal plan and use coupons and re-use leftovers as different meals, I've cut it down from $250/week (scary, huh) to about $40/week for a family of 4 (47, 39, 12, and 9)....I usually do a major shopping trip every 3 months or so and that runs around $400, but it includes everything for dinners, lunches, the animals, paper products....I still think I could do better, and hubby and i have been talking about making a lot more things from scratch and freezing them (like lasagna and such)

wow! that is awesome. I need to work on saving more myself.

baby
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Quoting jaedynmoon:

We are a family of 3 and cut our budget to $80 a week.  I've been doing pretty dang good while keeping it fresh and healthy :)

thats around what we spend for three of us and five pets a week

baby
cjsmom1
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:22 PM

It really depends on what's on sale. Normally it's less than $100/week for 3 people, but I spent $200 on meat a little over a month ago so we won't need meat for a while.

Larisa72
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

It wasn't easy, but gets easier as I do it more....I laughed because the first time I did the inventory/meal plan/circular listing/coupon matching, I started 3 days before I was going shopping...now I can pretty much check the freezer and go from there.

But, I also buy a few roasts when they are BOGO, and I buy more than I know we will eat (a 2lb can be 2 meals for us).....when I buy a 4+ lb roast, I can do pot roast, beef in gravy over noodles, and roast beef sandwiches with mashed potatoes as well as (sometimes) veggie-beef soup.  If I find a good deal on whole chickens, we have roast chicken, chicken noodle soup, chicken fried rice and so forth....it's a matter of getting creative with leftovers :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)